Some Park Forest residents still without power on 4th - New York News

Some Park Forest residents still without power on 4th

Posted: Updated:
CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) -

Monday night's storms knocked out power to as many as 425,000 ComEd customers. The storm's effects were still being felt Friday in this Park Forest neighborhood.

This Fourth of July was not a pleasant one for some folks who were hauling and cleaning up four days after the storm. Power outages have, though, happened on Berry Street before.

“Not this long. Usually it's up and down in maybe an hour or so, but not this long," said Tione Lindsay, who doesn’t have power.

The biggest frustration, though, is the confusion as to when the power will come back on.

“But, we've been hearing like 2 days, 3 days, another hour, half hour, 6 hours, but no luck," Lindsay added.

“It’s been frustrating because we keep being told the power will be on, the power will be on and it still isn't. And not just that, but this morning they said, oh you have power. And I’m like, um no we don't," said Audra Rockett, who also doesn’t have power.

Crews were in the area Friday afternoon working on locating the problem.

Power lines are still lining some neighbor’s yards. The residents been instructed not to approach the lines until ComEd fixes them.

Despite all of this, neighbors said they're trying to make the best of their situation.

“It could be worse," Lindsay said.

"Thankfully all of our neighbors are really nice and we've all kind of shared our frustrations together," Rockett added.

ComEd tells FOX 32 News 400 customers are still without power Friday night. They are continuing to send crews out to get everyone back on line.

Follow Us!

Share Your Photos & Video

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • New Jersey detective acquitted in Maryland highway shooting

    NJ detective acquitted in Md. highway shooting

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 2:16 PM EDT2014-07-30 18:16:51 GMT
    A jury has found a New Jersey detective not guilty in the slaying of a driver during an alleged road-rage incident. Joseph Walker, 41, an investigator for the Hudson County, New Jersey, prosecutor's office, was found not guilty on all counts on Wednesday in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court. He had been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Joseph Harvey, 36, of Landsdowne.
    A jury has found a New Jersey detective not guilty in the slaying of a driver during an alleged road-rage incident. Joseph Walker, 41, an investigator for the Hudson County, New Jersey, prosecutor's office, was found not guilty on all counts on Wednesday in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court. He had been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Joseph Harvey, 36, of Landsdowne.
  • Amazon ships first order from New Jersey

    Amazon ships first order from New Jersey

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 1:31 PM EDT2014-07-30 17:31:08 GMT
    The world's biggest online retailer has shipped its first order from its new distribution center in New Jersey. The Interplak All-In-One Sonic Water Jet was sent from Robbinsville to an Amazon customer in New York. Amazon says it expects to employ more than 1,000 full-time employees at the 1 million-square-foot center just outside of Trenton.
    The world's biggest online retailer has shipped its first order from its new distribution center in New Jersey. The Interplak All-In-One Sonic Water Jet was sent from Robbinsville to an Amazon customer in New York. Amazon says it expects to employ more than 1,000 full-time employees at the 1 million-square-foot center just outside of Trenton.

  • Injured detective in Village shootout leaves hospital

    Injured detective in Village shootout leaves hospital

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 1:28 PM EDT2014-07-30 17:28:00 GMT
    The third law enforcement officer injured in a Manhattan shootout is out of the hospital. The NYPD says Detective Mario Muniz was left Bellevue Hospital shortly after noon on Wednesday. Hundreds of his fellow police officers cheered as Muniz left the hospital in a wheelchair pushed by his NYPD patrol partner, Joseph Trovato.

    The third law enforcement officer injured in a Manhattan shootout is out of the hospital. The NYPD says Detective Mario Muniz was left Bellevue Hospital shortly after noon on Wednesday. Hundreds of his fellow police officers cheered as Muniz left the hospital in a wheelchair pushed by his NYPD patrol partner, Joseph Trovato. Police Commissioner William Bratton has said the detective's protective vest may have saved his life.


Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices