Stolen Corvette Returned To Owner After 33 Years - New York News

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share

Stolen Corvette Returned To Owner After 33 Years

Posted: Updated:

Detroit-MI- Michigan man was reunited with his ride after it was stolen in Detroit 33 years ago.

The car was unveiled on Tuesday morning at the GM headquarters in downtown Detroit. This, after the 1979 Chevrolet Corvette was found in Mississippi last week.

George Talley, a former GM employee, received a call from AAA, regarding his missing car. A connection was made between Talley and the car after someone tried to register the VIN in Mississippi.

However, transporting the car back to Detroit was going to be expensive, and Talley didn't know what to do.

That's when Talley's former employer stepped in and took care of the rest.

GM picked up the car and delivered it to him.

"I'm overwhelmed really. This is really something that it's a blessing to me,” said Talley. “And to get it back and to have it at this stage of the game, it's a blessing."

Talley also said that he doesn’t know anything about who stole the car or how the man in Mississippi got it. He says all that matters is that he has the keys back now.

"We heard the story about 33 years ago his Corvette was stolen. And then all of a sudden, here it is recovered in Mississippi, but how do you get it back to its rightful place?” said GM Executive Vice President Mark Reuss. “And we thought you know, it's too hard to pass this up. We really gotta try to help get the car back to its rightful place. We’re glad to have played a small part in the ‘reunitement’ of your car."

Talley plans to clean and fix up the Corvette on his own.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Accused Long Island cop killer found guilty

    Accused Long Island cop killer found guilty

    Monday, July 28 2014 12:49 PM EDT2014-07-28 16:49:08 GMT
    An ex-convict suspected of gunning down a Nassau County police officer and then fatally shooting a carjacking victim was found guilty on all counts in the murders on Monday. Darrell Fuller, 33, shot and killed Police Officer Arthur Lopez in October 2012 who suspected he had been involved in a hit-and-run car accident. Authorities said Fuller then fled that shooting and killed the second victim, Raymond Facey of Queens, while stealing his vehicle.
    An ex-convict suspected of gunning down a Nassau County police officer and then fatally shooting a carjacking victim was found guilty on all counts in the murders on Monday. Darrell Fuller, 34, shot and killed Police Officer Arthur Lopez in October 2012 who suspected he had been involved in a hit-and-run car accident. Authorities said Fuller then fled that shooting and killed the second victim, Raymond Facey of Queens, while stealing his vehicle.
  • 3 Nassau beaches closed due to heavy rainfall

    3 Nassau beaches closed due to heavy rainfall

    Monday, July 28 2014 11:27 AM EDT2014-07-28 15:27:54 GMT
    Three Nassau County beaches have been closed to bathing due to heavy rainfall. County health officials say storm water runoff can elevate bacterial levels and affect bathing water quality. The three South Shore beaches that were closed Monday are: Hewlett Point Beach; Island Park Beach; and Merrick Estates Civic Association. In addition, Biltmore and Philip Healey beaches in Massapequa remain closed to bathing due to elevated levels of bacteria.
    Three Nassau County beaches have been closed to bathing due to heavy rainfall. County health officials say storm water runoff can elevate bacterial levels and affect bathing water quality. The three South Shore beaches that were closed Monday are: Hewlett Point Beach; Island Park Beach; and Merrick Estates Civic Association. In addition, Biltmore and Philip Healey beaches in Massapequa remain closed to bathing due to elevated levels of bacteria.
  • 3 NJ mayors to announce anti-crime plan

    3 NJ mayors to announce anti-crime plan

    Monday, July 28 2014 9:03 AM EDT2014-07-28 13:03:29 GMT
    The mayors of three of New Jersey's largest cities are announcing a joint initiative to combat violent crime. Newark Mayor Ras Baraka, Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop and Paterson Mayor Jose Torres have scheduled a news conference in Jersey City for Monday afternoon to announce the plan. The news conference is being held in one of Jersey City's most crime-plagued neighborhoods.
    The mayors of three of New Jersey's largest cities are announcing a joint initiative to combat violent crime. Newark Mayor Ras Baraka, Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop and Paterson Mayor Jose Torres have scheduled a news conference in Jersey City for Monday afternoon to announce the plan. The news conference is being held in one of Jersey City's most crime-plagued neighborhoods.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices