KFC to honor $30,000 pledge to scarred 3-year-old - New York News

KFC to honor $30,000 pledge to scarred 3-year-old

Posted: Updated:

UPDATE: KFC officials have vowed to honor their commitment to donate $30,000 to the family of the "badly disfigured" 3-year-old girl.

According to Rick Maynard, spokesman for KFC:

“Like the rest of America, the KFC family has been moved by the story of Victoria’s injuries and recovery. After the alleged incident was reported to us, two investigations took place, including one by an independent investigator. Neither revealed any evidence that the incident occurred and we consider the investigation closed. We are honoring our commitment to make a $30,000 donation to assist with Victoria’s medical bills. We hope everyone keeps Victoria in their thoughts and prayers. She will certainly be in ours.”

Mississippi newspaper, the Laurel Leader-Call, learned exclusively that the story about a "badly disfigured" 3-year-old being asked to leave a KFC restaurant is nothing more than a hoax.

According to the paper, the family is responsible for "bilking the public and professionals for more than $135,000 in cash, as well as gifts and free surgeries."

Sources spoke to the family under the condition of anonymity. KFC officials would not comment on the case but they released a statement about it Friday.

The statement released by Kirck Hannon, franchise owner of the Jackson, MS KFC restaurant where this allegedly happened said:

“We continue to take this report seriously, and of course have great sympathy for Victoria and her family. Since we have so far not been able to verify the incident in our internal investigation, we have also hired a third-party consultant to conduct an independent investigation to help us resolve this matter.”

Attempts by the Laurel Leader-Call to reach the family were unsuccessful. 


Click here to read the original report.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • High school football player dies

    High school football player dies

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 7:12 AM EDT2014-09-02 11:12:05 GMT
    A 16-year-old high school football player from Staten Island is dead after collapsing during practice Monday, officials said. The teen's father says Miles Kirkland-Thomas collapsed Monday morning during practice for Curtis High School. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.
    A 16-year-old high school football player from Staten Island is dead after collapsing during practice Monday, officials said. The teen's father says Miles Kirkland-Thomas collapsed Monday morning during practice for Curtis High School. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.

  • Bill Clinton to appear in New Haven for fundraiser

    Bill Clinton to appear in New Haven for fundraiser

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 6:24 AM EDT2014-09-02 10:24:23 GMT
    Former President Bill Clinton is scheduled to headline a rally in New Haven to raise money for Democrats running in elections across the country. Clinton is set to appear at the event at the Omni New Haven Hotel on Tuesday. He'll be joined by Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman, who are seeking re-election in November.
    Former President Bill Clinton is scheduled to headline a rally in New Haven to raise money for Democrats running in elections across the country. Clinton is set to appear at the event at the Omni New Haven Hotel on Tuesday. He'll be joined by Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman, who are seeking re-election in November.

  • G train service restored after Sandy repairs

    G train service restored after Sandy repairs

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 6:10 AM EDT2014-09-02 10:10:25 GMT
    New York City subway riders are getting back service on the G train between Brooklyn and Queens. The return of service comes as the Metropolitan Transportation Authority reopens a tunnel Tuesday that was heavily damaged by Superstorm Sandy. The Greenpoint tunnel has been closed for five weeks for repairs. Shuttle buses were provided between G stops in Queens and Brooklyn during that time. 
    New York City subway riders are getting back service on the G train between Brooklyn and Queens. The return of service comes as the Metropolitan Transportation Authority reopens a tunnel Tuesday that was heavily damaged by Superstorm Sandy. The Greenpoint tunnel has been closed for five weeks for repairs. Shuttle buses were provided between G stops in Queens and Brooklyn during that time. 
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices