Convicted sex offender accused of attack - New York News

Convicted sex offender accused of attack

Posted: Updated:
(WJBK) - A convicted sex offender is back behind bars on charges he sexually assaulted his cousin's wife. Fox 2 has looked at his criminal past and it turns out he should have never been out on the streets.

One of the suspect's previous victims shared her story with Fox 2's Taryn Asher.

"This is where we stop at. All of a sudden there is a gun to my side."

The victim did not want to be identified, but she was willing to walk us through her terrifying ordeal, a night in the summer of 2008. She says she was walking to her west-side home when a man with a gun grabbed her, dragged her into a vacant house on Greenlawn and raped her.

"Lost all dignity, lost every ounce of dignity. He had the gun with him. Every time I tried to think of a way to get away it just wasn't happening," she says.

She says she had to think fast. To escape her nightmare she actually had to pretend she was enjoying it.

"I had to make him think that we're on a date. So I kept telling him, 'Oh, you're good,' just trying to hype him hoping he would stop," she says.

Eventually he did and let her go.

The victim says she did everything she needed to do: called police, went to the hospital, got a rape kit and agreed to testify against her attacker, Marcellus Hill.

But something went terribly wrong.

He was only convicted of second-degree assault, and instead of serving five years in prison he served one year in the county jail.

And then, on Tuesday, the 28-year-old allegedly struck again.

He broke into the apartment of a 52-year-old Detroit woman and raped her until a courageous neighbor intervened.

"I was sick. I went and threw up. It just brought back just those bad bad memories, the feeling," she says.

On top of the plea deal where court records show 9 felonies were dismissed to get this 2009 conviction, Hill apparently violated his probation in August of 2012. Instead of receiving jail time the court extended his probation which was set to expire in September.

"The things I described in court were horrific but that was just a slap in the face to me," she says.

First-degree criminal sexual conduct carries a penalty of up to life in prison, so why did Hill get off with basically a slap on the wrist?

A spokesperson with the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office tells Fox 2: "With the crime committed, the probability of going forward and being successful was compromised. This was the best resolution for the case. The prosecution was notified in 2012  when Hill violated his probation and opposed it continuing, but Judge Lawrence Talon decided to extend it."

"I don't think justice was served," she says.

The victim and her family just want to close this chapter. They feel that Wayne County did not.

The prosecutor's office does plan to take a closer look at the case.

Asher says she was assured the lack of the county's manpower to try the cases had nothing to do with this.
  • Download the FOX 2 Apps


  • FOX 2 News Five-Day Forecast
  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Accused Long Island cop killer found guilty

    Accused Long Island cop killer found guilty

    Monday, July 28 2014 12:45 PM EDT2014-07-28 16:45:20 GMT
    An ex-convict suspected of gunning down a Nassau County police officer and then fatally shooting a carjacking victim was found guilty on all counts in the murders on Monday. Darrell Fuller, 33, shot and killed Police Officer Arthur Lopez in October 2012 who suspected he had been involved in a hit-and-run car accident. Authorities said Fuller then fled that shooting and killed the second victim, Raymond Facey of Queens, while stealing his vehicle.
    An ex-convict suspected of gunning down a Nassau County police officer and then fatally shooting a carjacking victim was found guilty on all counts in the murders on Monday. Darrell Fuller, 34, shot and killed Police Officer Arthur Lopez in October 2012 who suspected he had been involved in a hit-and-run car accident. Authorities said Fuller then fled that shooting and killed the second victim, Raymond Facey of Queens, while stealing his vehicle.
  • 3 Nassau beaches closed due to heavy rainfall

    3 Nassau beaches closed due to heavy rainfall

    Monday, July 28 2014 11:27 AM EDT2014-07-28 15:27:54 GMT
    Three Nassau County beaches have been closed to bathing due to heavy rainfall. County health officials say storm water runoff can elevate bacterial levels and affect bathing water quality. The three South Shore beaches that were closed Monday are: Hewlett Point Beach; Island Park Beach; and Merrick Estates Civic Association. In addition, Biltmore and Philip Healey beaches in Massapequa remain closed to bathing due to elevated levels of bacteria.
    Three Nassau County beaches have been closed to bathing due to heavy rainfall. County health officials say storm water runoff can elevate bacterial levels and affect bathing water quality. The three South Shore beaches that were closed Monday are: Hewlett Point Beach; Island Park Beach; and Merrick Estates Civic Association. In addition, Biltmore and Philip Healey beaches in Massapequa remain closed to bathing due to elevated levels of bacteria.
  • 3 NJ mayors to announce anti-crime plan

    3 NJ mayors to announce anti-crime plan

    Monday, July 28 2014 9:03 AM EDT2014-07-28 13:03:29 GMT
    The mayors of three of New Jersey's largest cities are announcing a joint initiative to combat violent crime. Newark Mayor Ras Baraka, Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop and Paterson Mayor Jose Torres have scheduled a news conference in Jersey City for Monday afternoon to announce the plan. The news conference is being held in one of Jersey City's most crime-plagued neighborhoods.
    The mayors of three of New Jersey's largest cities are announcing a joint initiative to combat violent crime. Newark Mayor Ras Baraka, Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop and Paterson Mayor Jose Torres have scheduled a news conference in Jersey City for Monday afternoon to announce the plan. The news conference is being held in one of Jersey City's most crime-plagued neighborhoods.
  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Power outage numbers across southeast Michigan

    Power outage numbers across southeast Michigan

    Monday, July 28 2014 10:01 AM EDT2014-07-28 14:01:04 GMT
    As of 6 a.m., approximately 165,000 DTE Energy customers are out of electric service due to the high winds and lightning that hit southeast Michigan Sunday afternoon. DTE has restored power to 21,000 customers that were affected by the storm, which included wind gusts of up to 70 m.p.h. in the DTE service area.
    As of 6 a.m., approximately 165,000 DTE Energy customers are out of electric service due to the high winds and lightning that hit southeast Michigan Sunday afternoon. DTE has restored power to 21,000 customers that were affected by the storm, which included wind gusts of up to 70 m.p.h. in the DTE service area.
  • Dollar Tree buys Family Dollar

    Dollar Tree buys Family Dollar

    Monday, July 28 2014 7:34 AM EDT2014-07-28 11:34:12 GMT
    Dollar Tree is buying rival discount store Family Dollar in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $8.5 billion.
    Dollar Tree is buying rival discount store Family Dollar in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $8.5 billion.
  • Storm damage in Oakland and Macomb counties

    Storm damage in Oakland and Macomb counties

    Monday, July 28 2014 6:27 AM EDT2014-07-28 10:27:31 GMT
    Damage was reported across Metro Detroit Sunday after severe storms moved across our area. About 200,000 customers lost power in the hail, heavy rain, strong winds, localized flooding and thunder and lightning.
    Damage was reported across Metro Detroit Sunday after severe storms moved across our area. About 200,000 customers lost power in the hail, heavy rain, strong winds, localized flooding and thunder and lightning.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices