Charges to be revealed for teen serial rape suspect - New York News

Alleged teen serial rapist indicted on 27 charges for 11 victims

Posted: Updated:
FLORENCE, Ariz. - An 18-year-old San Tan Valley high school student has been charged in the sexual assaults of nearly a dozen young women and the youngest victim, according to Pinal County officials, is just 12-years-old.

It's a story we've been following for the past couple of weeks: Tyler Kost was denied bond by a judge and the county attorney has announced the official charges the teen faces.

Pinal County attorney Lando Voyles says he filed an indictment with the court on Wednesday after receiving what he referred to as a true bill from the grand jury.  That indictment includes 27 counts and 11 victims.

The alleged crimes occurred between October 2009 and April 2014.

"Three counts of sexual abuse with a minor under the age of 15, six counts of sexual conduct with a minor under the age of 15," said Voyles.

Voyles read off the charges that have now been filed against Kost.  Those charges include one count of child molestation with a child under the age of 15 and seven counts of sexual assault with a minor under the age of 15.

Kost, a high school senior, was re-arrested on charges he raped more than a dozen fellow students.  Deputies believe a total of 18 victims have been identified and Voyles says this is an ongoing investigation.  He urges anyone with more information to come forward.

"Our office, as in all sexual abuse and all abuse cases.. we start by believing.. so if there are any other victims, whether in this case or any other case, I encourage you to come forward, talk to police," he said.

If found guilty on all 27 counts, Kost could face anywhere from 147 to 335 years in prison.  He is scheduled to be arraigned in Pinal County Superior Court on May 16.
Didn't find what
you were looking for?

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 3:06 PM EDT2014-09-02 19:06:51 GMT
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.

  • $1M Powerball ticket sold in NJ set to expire

    $1M Powerball ticket sold in NJ set to expire

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 2:23 PM EDT2014-09-02 18:23:45 GMT
    State lottery officials say a Powerball ticket worth $1 million that was sold at a northern New Jersey convenience store last year will soon expire.
    State lottery officials say a Powerball ticket worth $1 million that was sold at a northern New Jersey convenience store last year will soon expire.
  • Princeton worker told to choose medical pot or job

    Princeton worker told to choose medical pot or job

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 2:19 PM EDT2014-09-02 18:19:48 GMT
    A Princeton University employee says he has been told to choose between medical marijuana and his job.
    A Princeton University employee says he has been told to choose between medical marijuana and his job.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices