Only On Fox: Woman Who Confronted Man On SEPTA Speaks - New York News

Only On Fox: Woman Who Confronted Man On SEPTA Speaks

Police are searching for a man who was caught on camera allegedly performing a lewd act on a SEPTA bus.

The incident happened around 9:30 a.m. Friday morning, according to Transit officials. A woman recorded the video after she noticed the man was exposed, sitting right next to her.

The woman who confronted the man on video is talking only to Fox 29.

"When you're in that kind of situation you're more concerned with thinking,‘Am I really seeing what I'm seeing? Is this really happening?’” said Ida Goldkorn.

Goldkorn says she is still mentally processing the cell phone video she shot Friday morning on SEPTA Bus 23 moving through North Philadelphia.

The video shows a man police now consider a suspect, fondling himself on the crowded bus, which included a child seated right behind him.

"He was I guess was turning around and looking at her and looking at me and felt like that was ok. And that's what really, really disturbed me because I’m sure the little girl had a pretty clear of what was going on," she explained.

Appalled, the Temple Criminal Justice doctoral student confronted him while recording.

You even see him argue with her in the video.

"I was not even remotely expecting that. I really though that the video or telling him that I was taping him would make him get up but obviously he didn't do that," said Goldkorn.

Philadelphia’s Special Victim's Unit says an arrest warrant has been issued for the Germantown man in his early 30s is wanted for open lewdness and reckless endangerment after investigators saw the video on the People of Septa Facebook page.

Goldkorn says she's glad police had the video to go on.

"I’m glad I did it. I don't think I could live with myself if I hadn't done it," she said.

Her actions prompted the driver to kick the man off the bus.

Philadelphia police have not released the name of the suspect, but they say they know who they're looking for.

75-Year Old Woman Hurt During Purse Snatching At South Jersey Shopping Center

Friday, August 22 2014 11:02 PM EDT2014-08-23 03:02:06 GMT
    "I'm shocked because I come here all the time and I've never had an issue ever and never felt unsafe," said Christina Polizzi of Cherry Hill. She is one of many shoppers atThe Promenade shopping Center on Route 73 in Eveshamhorrified to hear that a 75 year old woman was critically hurt from a man who snatched her purse. "That's horrible, that's horrible," said Polizzi.It happened Wednesday night around 8:30. Police say the woman was walkingwhen a man came up alongside her and violently grabbe...

Local Military Family Behind 'Goodbye Monsters' Book, Protector

Friday, August 22 2014 10:00 PM EDT2014-08-23 02:00:16 GMT

A South Jersey veteran and his wife responded to bedtime fears with a new book called "Goodbye Monsters," and it comes with a protector!

Clerk Shot During Wilmington Liquor Store Robbery

Friday, August 22 2014 6:38 PM EDT2014-08-22 22:38:37 GMT
    A surveillance camera catches it all as two workers at Cutrona Liquors in Wilmington struggling to keep a gunman out of their North Market Street shop.

Officials: Piece of jet fell onto Long Island yard

Saturday, August 23 2014 2:33 PM EDT2014-08-23 18:33:40 GMT
    Authorities are trying to figure out how if a metal part from a jet airliner fell out of the sky and landed in a Long Island yard.

Thousands march in Staten Island to honor Eric Garner, Michael Brown

Saturday, August 23 2014 1:35 PM EDT2014-08-23 17:35:39 GMT
    Thousands of protesters packed in cars and caravans, crossed over the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge Saturday to protest the death of Eric Garner, the man who died last month after being put in a chokehold by an NYPD officer.

Police: 5 suspects wanted in Central Park attack

Saturday, August 23 2014 12:27 PM EDT2014-08-23 16:27:52 GMT
    Police are looking for five suspects in a Central Park pellet attack they're investigating as a hate crime.