PCSO: High school student suspected of 13 sexual assaults - New York News

PCSO: High school student suspected of 13 sexual assaults

Posted: Updated:
Tyler Kost Tyler Kost
SAN TAN VALLEY, Ariz. - Pinal County Sheriff's officials say a detective received a call from a person who reported an 18-year-old student at Poston Butte High School had sexually assaulted, sexually abused and molested teenage girls in the San Tan Valley area.

Investigators say they have identified 13 alleged victims. 12 are high school students and another is 13-years-old.

According to PCSO, one of the victims reported Tyler Kost threatened, harassed and told her to kill herself. She attempted to commit suicide and while hospitalized, she received a message from Kost, which threatened that if she returned to school, he would "make her life a living hell."

On April 28, Kost was arrested and booked into the Pinal County Jail for two counts of sexual assault and two counts of sexual misconduct with a minor.

Kost's bond was set at $10,000. The amount was quickly posted and he was released from custody.

Per PCSO, the investigation continues and additional charges are pending.

Sheriff Paul Babeu stated, "Over 80% of female victims who are sexually assaulted or raped never report the crime to law enforcement. The young female victims in this case were threatened, harassed, stalked and then either forcibly sexually abused or sexually assaulted by Tyler Kost. This investigation is still in the early stages and 13 victims have been identified and I am sure this number will climb. We want to help every victim so if you have any information on these cases please report it to our detectives."

This is a developing story. Stay with FOX 10 News for updates.

Didn't find what
you were looking for?

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • New Jersey detective acquitted in Maryland highway shooting

    NJ detective acquitted in Md. highway shooting

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 2:16 PM EDT2014-07-30 18:16:51 GMT
    A jury has found a New Jersey detective not guilty in the slaying of a driver during an alleged road-rage incident. Joseph Walker, 41, an investigator for the Hudson County, New Jersey, prosecutor's office, was found not guilty on all counts on Wednesday in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court. He had been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Joseph Harvey, 36, of Landsdowne.
    A jury has found a New Jersey detective not guilty in the slaying of a driver during an alleged road-rage incident. Joseph Walker, 41, an investigator for the Hudson County, New Jersey, prosecutor's office, was found not guilty on all counts on Wednesday in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court. He had been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Joseph Harvey, 36, of Landsdowne.
  • Amazon ships first order from New Jersey

    Amazon ships first order from New Jersey

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 1:31 PM EDT2014-07-30 17:31:08 GMT
    The world's biggest online retailer has shipped its first order from its new distribution center in New Jersey. The Interplak All-In-One Sonic Water Jet was sent from Robbinsville to an Amazon customer in New York. Amazon says it expects to employ more than 1,000 full-time employees at the 1 million-square-foot center just outside of Trenton.
    The world's biggest online retailer has shipped its first order from its new distribution center in New Jersey. The Interplak All-In-One Sonic Water Jet was sent from Robbinsville to an Amazon customer in New York. Amazon says it expects to employ more than 1,000 full-time employees at the 1 million-square-foot center just outside of Trenton.

  • Injured detective in Village shootout leaves hospital

    Injured detective in Village shootout leaves hospital

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 1:28 PM EDT2014-07-30 17:28:00 GMT
    The third law enforcement officer injured in a Manhattan shootout is out of the hospital. The NYPD says Detective Mario Muniz was left Bellevue Hospital shortly after noon on Wednesday. Hundreds of his fellow police officers cheered as Muniz left the hospital in a wheelchair pushed by his NYPD patrol partner, Joseph Trovato.

    The third law enforcement officer injured in a Manhattan shootout is out of the hospital. The NYPD says Detective Mario Muniz was left Bellevue Hospital shortly after noon on Wednesday. Hundreds of his fellow police officers cheered as Muniz left the hospital in a wheelchair pushed by his NYPD patrol partner, Joseph Trovato. Police Commissioner William Bratton has said the detective's protective vest may have saved his life.


Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices