Police search for "worst of the worst": Clint Eastwood Maez - New York News

Police search for "worst of the worst": Clint Eastwood Maez

Posted: Updated:
PHOENIX (KSAZ) -

He's one of the most legendary Hollywood actors: Clint Eastwood -- known for his tough cop and cowboy roles.  In the movies, you mess with him and you'll pay dearly.

Now Phoenix police are on the lookout for Clint Eastwood, but not the tough actor -- a real bad guy -- a guy Clint Eastwood's characters would want to take down himself.

His full name is Clint Eastwood Maez. This guy has been on wanted billboards before.

Last year, police used his middle initial, E, but because he name is so unusual, on this billboard, they used his full name.

But people familiar with him are so scared of him, they didn't want to talk with us about him on camera.

Clint Eastwood played "the good" in "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly," but police say this Clint Eastwood, Clint Eastwood Maez -- would be the bad.

His face is now on Silent Witness billboards.

"That's his actual birth name.. is Clint Eastwood.  Middle name Eastwood, last name Maez.  And he does go by Clint Eastwood at times," said Silent Witness' Sgt. Darren Burch.

Court documents show Maez has multiple felony convictions.  The 22-year-old has felony warrants for parole violations and now police say he's wanted for shooting two people in a drive-by shooting near 27th Avenue and McDowell two weeks ago.

"This is a bad character.. has a bad history," said Burch.

Maez's photo is on billboards across the valley, but police say they really saturate the Maryvale area -- the place they say he is most well known.

"He's really embedded in the Maryvale community.  We believe there are individuals hiding him actively.  He knows he's wanted," said Burch.

Police say Clint Eastwood Maez is considered armed and dangerous and should not be approached.  Call 911 if you see him.

"For us to put him on a billboard and saturate the valley, he's got to be the worst of the worst and he is," said Burch.  "There are so many people that are afraid of him.. Silent Witness is perfect to get the message out. That way, they can stay safe and anonymous."

If you have any information about this case, call Silent Witness.  You can remain anonymous and receive a cash award for tips leading to an arrest or indictment.

TIP LINE: (480) WITNESS

Didn't find what
you were looking for?

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 12:33 PM EDT2014-09-02 16:33:28 GMT
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.

  • $2.4B Revel casino shuts down after just 2 years

    $2.4B Revel casino shuts down after just 2 years

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 10:47 AM EDT2014-09-02 14:47:40 GMT
    Revel in Atlantic City, New Jersey. (Photo courtesy Revel Entertainment)Revel in Atlantic City, New Jersey. (Photo courtesy Revel Entertainment)
    Revel Casino Hotel closed its doors Tuesday morning, a little more than two years after opening with high hopes of turning around Atlantic City's struggling casino market.
    Revel Casino Hotel closed its doors Tuesday morning, a little more than two years after opening with high hopes of turning around Atlantic City's struggling casino market. The 5:25 a.m. casino shutdown followed the closure of its hotel on Monday. By mid-September, four of Atlantic City's 12 casinos will have closed, but none will be a costlier failure than Revel.
  • Long Island beaches reopen to bathing

    Long Island beaches reopen to bathing

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 10:08 AM EDT2014-09-02 14:08:19 GMT

    Health officials say six Long Island beaches that were closed for one day have reopened to bathing. The Nassau County beaches were closed Monday due to storm water runoff that could negatively impact bacterial levels. The beaches were: Laurel Hollow Beach, Morgan Beach, North Hempstead Beach Park, Sea Cliff Village Beach, Tappen Beach and Theodore Roosevelt Beach.

    Health officials say six Long Island beaches that were closed for one day have reopened to bathing. The Nassau County beaches were closed Monday due to storm water runoff that could negatively impact bacterial levels. The beaches were: Laurel Hollow Beach, Morgan Beach, North Hempstead Beach Park, Sea Cliff Village Beach, Tappen Beach and Theodore Roosevelt Beach.

Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices