In Sickness Or In Health, Woman Marries A Man With Rare Cancer - New York News

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share

In Sickness Or In Health, Woman Marries A Man With Rare Cancer

Posted: Updated:

"It's the saddest wedding I've ever seen."

Jeanette' Weissman watched her 21 year old daughter, Elizabeth, marry the man of her dreams.

"He's her hero, "says Jeanette.

Elizabeth and Vincent Ryan met each other online not that long ago, but they knew instantly that they were meant to be together.

"He came and sat next to me while I was watching a cartoon. He looked at me and pulled out the box and said so will you marry me? And I started crying of course and hugged him and said yes yes yes a thousand times yes," recalls Elizabeth.

The fact that Vinny had a very rare and very aggressive form of cancer that spread all through his body didn't stop either of them.

Things looked hopeful for a few months. His cancer had been in remission but then, about a week and a half ago, he started to cough. He thought it was pneumonia.

"They did an X-ray and found tumor right between my lungs," describes Vinny.

Elizabeth continues, "We need to do this in case something happens because I don't want to have gone through my life without making that commitment without him. No matter the end."

"She is an incredible person. I only hope that one day I can love like she does. She is an amazing young woman and I am honored to be her mother," declares Jeanette.

Just a few days' later, Vinny and Elizabeth became Mr. and Mrs. Ryan far away from family and friends.

And while they weren't able to get there in time, her parents were able to watch on Skype.

It wasn't the wedding they dreamed of but it was the wedding of their dreams.

Elizabeth says she wouldn't have it any other way.

"I wouldn't be anywhere else, honestly," says Elizabeth.

Jeanette' says while the doctors have given up hope, their family hasn't.

She's hoping by sharing their story they may find a treatment that can save Vinny's life.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Suspect arrested in 1990s cold-case murders on Long Island

    Suspect arrested in 1990s cold-case murders on Long Island

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 5:00 PM EDT2014-07-22 21:00:17 GMT
    SCPD photoSCPD photo
    Authorities on Long Island have arrested a suspect in two cold case murders dating to the 1990s. John Bittrolff, a married father of two, is the lead suspect in the deaths of two prostitutes whose bodies were found within months of each other in late 1993 and early 1994, authorities said. Police arrested the 48-year-old, who was arraigned at the district court in Central Islip.
    Authorities on Long Island have arrested a suspect in two cold case murders dating to the 1990s. John Bittrolff, a married father of two, is the lead suspect in the deaths of two prostitutes whose bodies were found within months of each other in late 1993 and early 1994, authorities said. Police arrested the 48-year-old, who was arraigned at the district court in Central Islip.
  • Real estate heir charged for urinating on candy

    Real estate heir charged for urinating on candy

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 3:51 PM EDT2014-07-22 19:51:49 GMT
    A New York City real estate heir who admitted killing his neighbor a decade ago in Texas is facing a new charge in Houston that accuses him of urinating on candy at a drug store. Authorities say 71-year-old Robert Durst was arrested Sunday after arguing with store employees. They say he was charged with criminal mischief after urinating on at least $100 worth of candy.
    A New York City real estate heir who admitted killing his neighbor a decade ago in Texas is facing a new charge in Houston that accuses him of urinating on candy at a drug store. Authorities say 71-year-old Robert Durst was arrested Sunday after arguing with store employees. They say he was charged with criminal mischief after urinating on at least $100 worth of candy.
  • Search for masked robbers in Caesars heist

    Search for masked robbers in Caesars heist

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 3:28 PM EDT2014-07-22 19:28:51 GMT
    The hunt is on in southern New Jersey for two suspects who made off with more than $180K from Caesars Atlantic City casino. The brazen robbers reportedly stole the cash from two plastic boxes on the casino floor. The robbery occurred on Monday at about 6 a.m. The masked robbers took off in a vehicle. The State Police Casino Gaming Bureau is handling the investigation.
    The hunt is on in southern New Jersey for two suspects who made off with more than $180K from Caesars Atlantic City casino. The brazen robbers reportedly stole the cash from two plastic boxes on the casino floor. The robbery occurred on Monday at about 6 a.m. The masked robbers took off in a vehicle. The State Police Casino Gaming Bureau is handling the investigation.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices