CNN producers released after WTC arrests - New York News

CNN producers released after WTC arrests

Posted: Updated:
The beacon and spire of One World Trade Center are lit up, as seen from Jersey City, N.J., Nov. 8, 2013. (AP photo/Julio Cortez) The beacon and spire of One World Trade Center are lit up, as seen from Jersey City, N.J., Nov. 8, 2013. (AP photo/Julio Cortez)
NEW YORK (AP) -

NEW YORK (AP) — Two CNN producers have been released without bail after being accused of trying to breach security at the World Trade Center site.

Connor Fieldman Boals and Yon Pomrenze were arraigned Wednesday on a misdemeanor attempted criminal trespass charge. Their lawyers didn't immediately return calls.

Their arrests Tuesday came a day after four men were arrested over a September skydive off the unfinished 1 World Trade Center tower. A teenage boy was accused of scaling it earlier this month.

A court complaint says Boals tried to get through a non-public gate and turnstile and climbed halfway up a fence. The complaint says Pomrenze took video of the episode.

A CNN spokeswoman has said the producers were reporting on the recent security breaches and were not asked to sneak onto the site.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


  • Manhattan NewsManhattan NewsMore>>

  • Baldwin: Rather pay up than apologize over arrest

    Baldwin: Rather pay up than apologize over arrest

    Actor Alec Baldwin is not apologizing over an incident that led to a disorderly conduct arrest in May.
    Actor Alec Baldwin is not apologizing over an incident that led to a disorderly conduct arrest in May.
  • Lawyers working to resolve LaBeouf's theater arrest

    Lawyers working to resolve LaBeouf's theater arrest

    Thursday, July 24 2014 12:35 PM EDT2014-07-24 16:35:07 GMT
    Lawyers say they are trying to resolve Shia LaBeouf's disorderly conduct case stemming from an incident at a Broadway show last month. Prosecutors and LaBeouf's lawyer told a judge Thursday that they're exploring an agreement to resolve the case. LaBeouf was arrested after he allegedly disrupted a performance of "Cabaret" starring Alan Cumming. He is due back in court Sept. 10.
    Lawyers say they are trying to resolve Shia LaBeouf's disorderly conduct case stemming from an incident at a Broadway show last month. Prosecutors and LaBeouf's lawyer told a judge Thursday that they're exploring an agreement to resolve the case. LaBeouf was arrested after he allegedly disrupted a performance of "Cabaret" starring Alan Cumming. He is due back in court Sept. 10.
  • Another video shows NYPD cop putting man in choke hold

    Another video shows NYPD cop putting man in choke hold

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 10:08 PM EDT2014-07-24 02:08:13 GMT
    The NYPD is investigating another apparent choke-hold incident during a recent arrest that was captured on video. The video shows a police officer putting a man in a choke hold and then punching him in the face in a subway station in Harlem, police said. A community activist said he received the new video but never had any intention of releasing it to the media.
    The NYPD is investigating another apparent choke-hold incident during a recent arrest that was captured on video. The video shows a police officer putting a man in a choke hold and then punching him in the face in a subway station in Harlem, police said. A community activist said he received the new video but never had any intention of releasing it to the media.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices