Biker paralyzed in SUV brawl doesn't blame driver - New York News

SUV vs. motorcycle brawl

Biker paralyzed in SUV brawl doesn't blame driver

Posted: Updated:
This undated photo provided by his family's attorney on Friday, Oct. 4, 2013 shows Edwin Mieses Jr. after he was struck by an SUV during a motorcycle rally in New York that turned violent on Sunday, Sept. 29, 2013.  (AP Photo/Family Photo via Gloria Allre This undated photo provided by his family's attorney on Friday, Oct. 4, 2013 shows Edwin Mieses Jr. after he was struck by an SUV during a motorcycle rally in New York that turned violent on Sunday, Sept. 29, 2013. (AP Photo/Family Photo via Gloria Allre

NEW YORK (AP) - A biker paralyzed when he was hit by an SUV driver fleeing a motorcycle melee says he doesn't blame the driver for his injuries.

Edwin Mieses says he cannot judge what may have been going through driver Alexian Lien's mind.

The Lawrence, Mass., biker was interviewed Wednesday on NBC's "Today." He appeared with his attorney, Gloria Allred, and his wife.

Mieses vows he'll walk again.

The Sept. 29 encounter began when the SUV and a bike bumped on a Manhattan highway. Investigators say Lein hit the gas as other bikers converged and ran over Mieses.

Authorities say the bikers chased Lien, dragged him from his car and beat him.

An undercover police detective was accused of participating. A biker posted online video from a helmet-mounted camera.

Lein isn't charged.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Manhattan NewsManhattan NewsMore>>

  • Lawyers working to resolve LaBeouf's theater arrest

    Lawyers working to resolve LaBeouf's theater arrest

    Thursday, July 24 2014 12:35 PM EDT2014-07-24 16:35:07 GMT
    Lawyers say they are trying to resolve Shia LaBeouf's disorderly conduct case stemming from an incident at a Broadway show last month. Prosecutors and LaBeouf's lawyer told a judge Thursday that they're exploring an agreement to resolve the case. LaBeouf was arrested after he allegedly disrupted a performance of "Cabaret" starring Alan Cumming. He is due back in court Sept. 10.
    Lawyers say they are trying to resolve Shia LaBeouf's disorderly conduct case stemming from an incident at a Broadway show last month. Prosecutors and LaBeouf's lawyer told a judge Thursday that they're exploring an agreement to resolve the case. LaBeouf was arrested after he allegedly disrupted a performance of "Cabaret" starring Alan Cumming. He is due back in court Sept. 10.
  • Another video shows NYPD cop putting man in choke hold

    Another video shows NYPD cop putting man in choke hold

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 10:08 PM EDT2014-07-24 02:08:13 GMT
    The NYPD is investigating another apparent choke-hold incident during a recent arrest that was captured on video. The video shows a police officer putting a man in a choke hold and then punching him in the face in a subway station in Harlem, police said. A community activist said he received the new video but never had any intention of releasing it to the media.
    The NYPD is investigating another apparent choke-hold incident during a recent arrest that was captured on video. The video shows a police officer putting a man in a choke hold and then punching him in the face in a subway station in Harlem, police said. A community activist said he received the new video but never had any intention of releasing it to the media.
  • Some StubHub accounts breached

    Some StubHub accounts breached

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 4:34 PM EDT2014-07-23 20:34:20 GMT
    Six people were indicted Wednesday in an international ring that managed to take over more than 1,000 StubHub users' accounts and fraudulently buy tickets to such prime events as Jay-Z and Elton John concerts, a New York Yankees-Boston Red Sox game and Broadway shows like "The Book of Mormon," the Manhattan district attorney said. Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. said the thieves would then resell the tickets and split up the proceeds.
    Six people were indicted Wednesday in an international ring that managed to take over more than 1,000 StubHub users' accounts and fraudulently buy tickets to such prime events as Jay-Z and Elton John concerts, a New York Yankees-Boston Red Sox game and Broadway shows like "The Book of Mormon," the Manhattan district attorney said. Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. said the thieves would then resell the tickets and split up the proceeds.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices