5 arrested in connection with DPD Chief death threat - New York News

5 arrested in connection with DPD Chief death threat

Posted: Updated:
  • 5 arrested in connection with DPD Chief death threatMore>>

  • Death threat against DPD Chief: Has anyone even seen it?

    Death threat against DPD Chief: Has anyone even seen it?

    Tuesday, February 25 2014 10:11 PM EST2014-02-26 03:11:42 GMT
    Five people were arrested Tuesday in connection with the death threat against Detroit Police Chief James Craig. But sources say the original post of the threat has not been seen or traced, yet.
    Five people were arrested Tuesday in connection with the death threat against Detroit Police Chief James Craig. But sources say the original post of the threat has not been seen or traced, yet.
DETROIT (WJBK) -

Five people have been arrested in connection with the death threat against Detroit Police Chief James Craig, according to FOX 2's Erika Erickson. She spoke with Chief Craig this afternoon.

The five people have been arrested on unrelated charges, but Chief Craig says they are believed to have a connection to the source of the threat. The five people do not face charges for the threat.

Chief Craig says the department is also in contact with authorities in Los Angeles, Calif. as the persons of interest are believed to have a connection there.

Craig says it's the first time in his almost 40 years on the job that his life has been threatened.

"I often times talk about good community folks coming up and praising the that work we're doing, the difference that we're making in the neighborhoods, but for those who are involved in criminal behavior to be angry and upset over the work we're doing right now is also a badge of honor. As I said last week, I'll say it again today - I will continue. We will continue to make this one of the safest big cities in America. We will not be deterred," he says.

Since Craig came to Detroit as chief drug raids have become a top priority, officers now boast an average of 35 drug raids per week and almost half a dozen large scale operations over the last few months.

Police say the person who made the threat could be in a gang or part of a large narcotic network.

  • Download the FOX 2 Apps


  • FOX 2 News Five-Day Forecast
  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • 2 U.S. marshals, 1 NYPD detective shot in Manhattan

    2 U.S. marshals, 1 NYPD detective shot in Manhattan

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:32 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:32:05 GMT
    Two deputy U.S. marshals, an NYPD detective, and a sexual assault suspect have been shot in a shootout in lower Manhattan, officials said. Speaking at a news conference, Mayor Bill de Blasio said the marshals and cop were taken to a local hospital with apparently non-life threatening injuries.
    Two deputy U.S. marshals, an NYPD detective, and a sexual assault suspect have been shot in a shootout in lower Manhattan, officials said. Speaking at a news conference, Mayor Bill de Blasio said the marshals and cop were taken to a local hospital with apparently non-life threatening injuries.
  • Massive brawl at NJ wedding

    Massive brawl at NJ wedding

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:24 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:24:34 GMT
    As many as 300 people became involved in a massive brawl at a New Jersey wedding hall that ended with two arrests on Sunday night.  Middletown police say that the fight broke out at about 10:30 p.m. at the Jacques Reception Hall on Palmer Ave. in Middletown.
    As many as 300 people became involved in a massive brawl at a New Jersey wedding hall that ended with two arrests on Sunday night.  Middletown police say that the fight broke out at about 10:30 p.m. at the Jacques Reception Hall on Palmer Ave. in Middletown.
  • Accused Long Island cop killer found guilty

    Accused Long Island cop killer found guilty

    Monday, July 28 2014 12:49 PM EDT2014-07-28 16:49:08 GMT
    An ex-convict suspected of gunning down a Nassau County police officer and then fatally shooting a carjacking victim was found guilty on all counts in the murders on Monday. Darrell Fuller, 33, shot and killed Police Officer Arthur Lopez in October 2012 who suspected he had been involved in a hit-and-run car accident. Authorities said Fuller then fled that shooting and killed the second victim, Raymond Facey of Queens, while stealing his vehicle.
    An ex-convict suspected of gunning down a Nassau County police officer and then fatally shooting a carjacking victim was found guilty on all counts in the murders on Monday. Darrell Fuller, 34, shot and killed Police Officer Arthur Lopez in October 2012 who suspected he had been involved in a hit-and-run car accident. Authorities said Fuller then fled that shooting and killed the second victim, Raymond Facey of Queens, while stealing his vehicle.
  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Let It Rip Weekend Proposal One and the Mongo Brothers

    Let It Rip Weekend Proposal One and the Mongo Brothers

    Let It Rip Weekend Proposal One and the Mongo Brothers

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:46 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:46:07 GMT
    How is Proposal One tied into funding our local schools, police and fire departments, plus should African Americans abandon the Democratic Party and the UAW?
    How is Proposal One tied into funding our local schools, police and fire departments, plus should African Americans abandon the Democratic Party and the UAW?

  • Porch shooter Theodore Wafer back in court for 3rd day of trial

    Porch shooter Theodore Wafer back in court for 3rd day of trial

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:34 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:34:31 GMT
    The trial of a Detroit-area man who killed a young unarmed woman on his porch is entering its first full week of testimony.
    The trial of a Detroit-area man who killed a young unarmed woman on his porch is entering its first full week of testimony.
  • Parents of child held in basement appearing in court

    Parents of child held in basement appearing in court

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:30 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:30:40 GMT
    DETROIT -- The father and stepmother of a 12-year-old Detroit boy who was found in his basement after an 11-day disappearance are due back in court.
    DETROIT -- The father and stepmother of a 12-year-old Detroit boy who was found in his basement after an 11-day disappearance are due back in court.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices