Water Main Break Evacuates Families In Port Richmond - New York News

Water Main Break Evacuates Families In Port Richmond

Posted: Updated:
PHILADELPHIA -

A water main break in Philadelphia's Port Richmond section has forced several families out of their homes.

FOX 29's Steve Keeley was on scene on the 3100 block of Belgrade Avenue and visited one of the homes that was affected.

"I just got home…and I heard water running," said Brian Maude. "I thought my two year old got out of his crib and turned on the water."

But he soon realized it was something worse. By the time Maude got down to the basement, he said the water was already on the first step. He called to try to get help and was at first not taken seriously.

"It didn't help that they didn't clean the streets either," Maude told Keeley.

Emergency officials are asking evacuated families to go to the PAL center at 3000 Belgrade Avenue.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Saturday, April 19 2014 2:55 PM EDT2014-04-19 18:55:51 GMT
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices