Justin Bieber released after plane searched in New Jersey - New York News

Justin Bieber released after plane searched in New Jersey

Posted: Updated:
Planes sit on the tarmac at Teterboro Airport on Jan. 31, 2014.(MyFoxNY.com) Planes sit on the tarmac at Teterboro Airport on Jan. 31, 2014.(MyFoxNY.com)
NEW JERSEY (MYFOXNY.COM) -

It was supposed to be a happy landing for Justin Bieber here at Teterboro Airport in New Jersey and the start of a weekend of Super Bowl parties. Instead, he narrowly avoided being deported back to Canada after a strange smell raised suspicions, law enforcement sources told me.

A welcoming committee of U.S. Customs officers and Port Authority police officers escorted Bieber into an interview room, as seen in a picture from TMZ. Local and federal law enforcement sources said he was flagged on arrival because of a pending assault charge in his native Canada and a DUI arrest in Miami.

One of his fans, Kaitlyn Nilo, was so concerned about him she rushed to the airport in her house slippers. She said she just needed to be close to him.

SkyFoxHD was above the scene moments after a Port Authority police K-9 unit checked his private jet and came up with hits for marijuana residue, law enforcement sources told me. All 12 passengers on the plane were searched, and the luggage was checked. It came up clean. The teen superstar was held for nearly 6 hours while federal authorities decided his fate. They ultimately decided to let him in the United States.

Bieber left with his entourage and looked as though they were headed to the city. He was expected to be at a Playboy magazine event. Sources told me his handlers are lining up a heavy schedule of parties.

  • New Jersey NewsNew Jersey NewsMore>>

  • Jane Dornick "BusyBusy Mom" please guilty to sexual exploitation of a minor

    Jane Dornick "BusyBusy Mom" please guilty to sexual exploitation of a minor

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 10:30 AM EDT2014-07-22 14:30:37 GMT
    Photo courtesy of TAPinto.netPhoto courtesy of TAPinto.net
    South Plainfield resident Jane Dornick, 53, pleaded guilty, prior to the selection of a jury, to Count One of an indictment charging her with three counts of sexual exploitation of a child. Dornick was arrested on Feb. 19, 2013. The remaining counts will be dismissed at sentencing. Dornick entered her plea before U.S. District Judge Freda L. Wolfson in Trenton federal court.
    South Plainfield resident Jane Dornick, 53, pleaded guilty, prior to the selection of a jury, to Count One of an indictment charging her with three counts of sexual exploitation of a child. Dornick was arrested on Feb. 19, 2013. The remaining counts will be dismissed at sentencing. Dornick entered her plea before U.S. District Judge Freda L. Wolfson in Trenton federal court.
  • AT&T cell antennas face legal snag; public will make its case Sept. 18 before vote

    AT&T cell antennas face legal snag; public will make its case Sept. 18 before vote

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 10:28 AM EDT2014-07-22 14:28:36 GMT
    Photo courtesy of TAPinto.netPhoto courtesy of TAPinto.net
    In November of last year, ATT attorney Judy Fairweather promised: "I will come back with an army (of experts)" in her bid to convince the Zoning Board of Adjustment to grant multiple variances that would allow her company to install 12 cell antennas on the NJ American Water Tower on Buxton Road. At the end of the meeting on Thursday, Fairweather all but sounded retreat after bowing to the request by residents, who asked that the next meeting be moved to Sept. 18.
    In November of last year, ATT attorney Judy Fairweather promised: "I will come back with an army (of experts)" in her bid to convince the Zoning Board of Adjustment to grant multiple variances that would allow her company to install 12 cell antennas on the NJ American Water Tower on Buxton Road. At the end of the meeting on Thursday, Fairweather all but sounded retreat after bowing to the request by residents, who asked that the next meeting be moved to Sept. 18.
  • Search for masked robbers in Caesars heist

    Search for masked robbers in Caesars heist

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 8:22 AM EDT2014-07-22 12:22:25 GMT
    The hunt is on in southern New Jersey for two suspects who made off with more than $180K from Caesars Atlantic City casino. The brazen robbers reportedly stole the cash from two plastic boxes on the casino floor. The robbery occurred on Monday at about 6 a.m. The masked robbers took off in a vehicle. The State Police Casino Gaming Bureau is handling the investigation.
    The hunt is on in southern New Jersey for two suspects who made off with more than $180K from Caesars Atlantic City casino. The brazen robbers reportedly stole the cash from two plastic boxes on the casino floor. The robbery occurred on Monday at about 6 a.m. The masked robbers took off in a vehicle. The State Police Casino Gaming Bureau is handling the investigation.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices