Gary woman admits selling baby for sex - New York News

Gary woman admits selling baby for sex

Posted: Updated:
Natisha Hillard, 25 (Lake County Sheriff's Department) Natisha Hillard, 25 (Lake County Sheriff's Department)
HAMMOND, Ind. (Sun-Times Media Wire) -

A Gary, Ind. woman admitted this week that she sold a baby eight times to a Gary man for sex and was in the room for all the meetings except for the last one.

Natisha Hillard, 25, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Hammond to one count of selling a child for sex and two counts of allowing a child to take part in child pornography, the Post-Tribune is reporting.

Hillard admitted under questioning by her attorney, Visvaldis Kupsis, that she met Christopher M. Bour through a dating service in 2011 and that they agreed to meet at her place. That was when Bour started asking her about two children she had access to, both girls, who were 4 months and 3 years old at the time.

The crimes lasted from September 2011 until February 2013, when an acquaintance of Bour alerted the FBI that he had been asking her to take part.

She agreed with statements by Assistant U.S. Attorney Jill Koster that she can be seen on images found on Bour's computer showing him sexually touching the child with Hillard in the background.

She also let Bour take sexual pictures of the older child at least once, Koster said.

Koster said that Hillard told law enforcement after she was arrested that she agreed to sell the children to Bour because she needed money and that Bour paid her extra for the last encounter to be alone with child.

Hillard said she didn't know if Bour then shared those images with other people.

"He didn't tell me what he was going to do with them," she said.

Hillard, who is being held without bond, faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 30 years to life in prison on the count of selling a child.

Bour, also being held without bond, has pleaded not guilty in the case.

Follow Us!

Share Your Photos & Video

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Rifle seized after squirrel shooting in Milford

    Rifle seized after squirrel shooting in Milford

    Thursday, April 17 2014 8:48 AM EDT2014-04-17 12:48:12 GMT
    Connecticut State NewsConnecticut State News
    Police say they found an unregistered assault rifle and three large-capacity magazines in the home of a Milford man accused of shooting a squirrel.  James Toigo has been charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm, cruelty to an animal, reckless endangerment, breach of peace, failure to register an assault rifle and possessing large-capacity magazines.
    Police say they found an unregistered assault rifle and three large-capacity magazines in the home of a Milford man accused of shooting a squirrel.  James Toigo has been charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm, cruelty to an animal, reckless endangerment, breach of peace, failure to register an assault rifle and possessing large-capacity magazines.
  • Harlem politician Basil Paterson dead

    Harlem politician Basil Paterson dead

    Thursday, April 17 2014 8:41 AM EDT2014-04-17 12:41:03 GMT
    Basil Paterson, the father of former New York Governor David Paterson, died Wednesday night at the age of 87. The trailblazing Democratic politician from Harlem served in the state Senate, as deputy mayor of New York City, as secretary of state of New York and was appointed by the New York Senate as a commissioner of the Port Authority of NY and NJ. In 1970, he ran for lieutenant governor, the second black nominee of a major party for statewide office in New York.
    Basil Paterson, the father of former New York Governor David Paterson, died Wednesday night at the age of 87. The trailblazing Democratic politician from Harlem served in the state Senate, as deputy mayor of New York City, as secretary of state of New York and was appointed by the New York Senate as a commissioner of the Port Authority of NY and NJ. In 1970, he ran for lieutenant governor, the second black nominee of a major party for statewide office in New York.
  • Fund raises thousands for exonerated NYC man

    Fund raises thousands for exonerated NYC man

    Thursday, April 17 2014 8:20 AM EDT2014-04-17 12:20:44 GMT
    A recently exonerated New York man who spent nearly 25 years behind bars for a killing that happened while he was at Disney World is getting help from dozens of well-wishers contributing to an online fund for him. About 70 people gave a total of more than $3,400 to the campaign for Jonathan Fleming by Wednesday. Fleming was released last week after a judge dismissed the 1989 case, with Brooklyn prosecutors' assent.
    A recently exonerated New York man who spent nearly 25 years behind bars for a killing that happened while he was at Disney World is getting help from dozens of well-wishers contributing to an online fund for him. About 70 people gave a total of more than $3,400 to the campaign for Jonathan Fleming by Wednesday. Fleming was released last week after a judge dismissed the 1989 case, with Brooklyn prosecutors' assent.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices