Man accused of using fake Facebook profile to get nude photos - New York News

Man accused of extortion, using fake social media profile to get teen's nude photos

Posted: Updated: Dec 18, 2013 05:50 PM
Arash Shabazian Arash Shabazian
TEMPE, Ariz. -

A young man is behind bars, accused of committing extortion to get nude photos from an underage girl.

Court paperwork shows 18-year-old Arash Shabazian contacted the girl on Twitter, claiming there were nude photographs of her being passed around high school social circles -- and claimed a man named "Quam Herron" had the originals.

Authorities say the victim then contacted Herron via Facebook as she had accepted his friend request a few days earlier.  Quam agreed to delete the old pictures if she sent him new, nude pictures to the cell phone of his friend, Arash, who would subsequently delete them.

The victim agreed to send four nude photos of herself to Arash.

The police report states that Arash later showed his phone to the victim so she could see for herself that the pictures were deleted, but after receiving the photos, Quam told the victim he wasn't satisfied.  The victim was later threatened with assault and told she had to perform sexual acts with Arash.

The teen declined to perform the sex acts and reported all of this to police -- even though Quam had mentioned he was a gang member and threatened to distribute the photos to other students at her school if she "didn't keep her mouth shut," according to the police report.

As it turns out, there was no friend named Quam -- it was a fake profile.  An investigation determined that Arash had created the profile and Arash had been the only person communicating with the victim.  Authorities found that Quam and Arash always accessed the internet from the same I.P. address at different times at Arash's residence.

Police say Shabazian admitted to creating the fake profile, being the only person with access to the account and threatening the victim, who he knew was under the age of 18.

Shabazian was charged with sexual exploitation and extortion.

Didn't find what
you were looking for?

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Report: Joan Rivers on slow road to recovery

    Report: Joan Rivers on slow road to recovery

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 1:08 PM EDT2014-09-02 17:08:01 GMT

    Hollywood icon Joan Rivers, 81, is reportedly on a slow road to recovery after she went into cardiac arrest at a New York City doctor's office. Rivers remains in serious condition at The Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan, according to her daughter, Melissa Rivers.  Doctors were expected to slowly remove Rivers from a medically-induced coma on Tuesday to asses her brain functionality.

    Hollywood icon Joan Rivers, 81, is reportedly on a slow road to recovery after she went into cardiac arrest at a New York City doctor's office. Rivers remains in serious condition at The Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan, according to her daughter, Melissa Rivers. Doctors were expected to slowly remove Rivers from a medically-induced coma on Tuesday to asses her brain functionality.

  • Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 12:33 PM EDT2014-09-02 16:33:28 GMT
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.

  • $2.4B Revel casino shuts down after just 2 years

    $2.4B Revel casino shuts down after just 2 years

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 10:47 AM EDT2014-09-02 14:47:40 GMT
    Revel in Atlantic City, New Jersey. (Photo courtesy Revel Entertainment)Revel in Atlantic City, New Jersey. (Photo courtesy Revel Entertainment)
    Revel Casino Hotel closed its doors Tuesday morning, a little more than two years after opening with high hopes of turning around Atlantic City's struggling casino market.
    Revel Casino Hotel closed its doors Tuesday morning, a little more than two years after opening with high hopes of turning around Atlantic City's struggling casino market. The 5:25 a.m. casino shutdown followed the closure of its hotel on Monday. By mid-September, four of Atlantic City's 12 casinos will have closed, but none will be a costlier failure than Revel.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices