Alec Baldwin unloads on another Fox 5 reporter - New York News

Alec Baldwin unloads on another Fox 5 reporter

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

Just hours after confronting one Fox 5 reporter in Manhattan, Alec Baldwin loaded up his car and unloaded on yet another Fox 5 reporter Friday afternoon.

Baldwin told Linda Schmidt to "get the [expletive] out of here" after confronting her and demanding an apology. He falsely accused her of almost hitting his wife with a microphone. 

"I asked you a question: You want to apologize to her?" he yelled. He then told a uniformed cop that he wanted to press charges against "that blonde."

Earlier in the day, the actor walked up to Fox 5 reporter Robert Moses and warned him to leave the sidewalk in front of his building (CLICK FOR VIDEO).

Baldwin later issued a statement on the website of MSNBC, the network that carries his weekly talk show, apologizing to his fans and colleagues. MSNBC pulled Baldwin's show, "Up Late," from its schedule for two weeks.

"I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have -- and for that I am deeply sorry," Baldwin said in the statement. "Words are important. I understand that, and will choose mine with great care going forward. What I said and did this week, as I was trying to protect my family, was offensive and unacceptable. Behavior like this undermines hard-fought rights that I vigorously support."

Baldwin was likely referring to the expletives he yelled at a photographer this week. He did not specifically reference the incidents with Fox 5's Moses and Schmidt.

Moses and Schmidt have been covering the trial of Canadian actress Genevieve Sabourin, who was accused and then convicted this week of stalking Baldwin and his wife. Baldwin and the office of Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. said it was a case of an acquaintance with a movie star turning into harassment. Sabourin claimed it was a romance that fell apart.

A judge sentenced Sabourin to 195 days in jail for stalking the Baldwins. That sentence came on top a 30-day contempt of court sentence he handed down Wednesday because she kept disrupting the court proceedings with outbursts.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Transgender teen escapes from custody

    Transgender teen escapes from custody

    A transgender girl whose imprisonment without criminal charges raised an outcry among her advocates has escaped from custody in Connecticut.
    A transgender girl whose imprisonment without criminal charges raised an outcry among her advocates has escaped from custody in Connecticut.
  • Suspect dead following police chase

    Suspect dead following police chase

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 11:12 AM EDT2014-09-16 15:12:59 GMT

    At least one suspect is dead in a police-involved shooting in Rutherford, New Jersey.The shooting occurred at about 2:30 a.m. at Rutherford Ave. and Ridge Rd. following a chase. Investigators are piecing together what happened. One occupant of an SUV was shot and pronounced dead at a hospital. The other occupant was unharmed and was arrested. The preliminary investigation shows a state trooper and police officers from Lyndhurst and Rutherford were involved in the chase.

    At least one suspect is dead in a police-involved shooting in Rutherford, New Jersey.The shooting occurred at about 2:30 a.m. at Rutherford Ave. and Ridge Rd. following a chase. Investigators are piecing together what happened. One occupant of an SUV was shot and pronounced dead at a hospital. The other occupant was unharmed and was arrested. The preliminary investigation shows a state trooper and police officers from Lyndhurst and Rutherford were involved in the chase.

  • Trump Plaza closes; mogul Donald Trump may step in

    Trump Plaza closes; mogul Donald Trump may step in

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 10:41 AM EDT2014-09-16 14:41:06 GMT
    A fourth Atlantic City casino has gone out of business.  Trump Plaza shut its doors at 6 a.m. Tuesday.  The casino at the center of the Boardwalk and the end of the Atlantic City Expressway has been declining for years, performing worse than any of the city's other casinos.
    A fourth Atlantic City casino has gone out of business.  Trump Plaza shut its doors at 6 a.m. Tuesday.  The casino at the center of the Boardwalk and the end of the Atlantic City Expressway has been declining for years, performing worse than any of the city's other casinos. Real estate mogul Donald Trump took to Twitter on Tuesday to say he left Atlantic City years ago but may return.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices