Poll Shows Potential New Trend In Music Sung To Tots
2,000 parents were polled by the makers of the musical toy "Symphony in B" and half admitted that their kids preferred current pop tunes like Rihanna's "Umbrella."
Moms and dads admitted that they struggle to remember the words of nursery rhymes and old-fashioned lullabies. However, fewer forgot Adele's "Someone Like You." In fact, only 15% favor singing traditional nursery rhymes and lullabies.
Adele's hit is one of the most popular songs for children.
The other is Bruno Mars' "Just the Way You Are."
According to the survey, Robbie Williams, Taylor Swift and even Guns 'N' Roses' "Sweet Child Of Mine" were popular tunes to sing to kids.
Here are the top 20 songs that parents sing to their tots:
1. Bruno Mars - Just the way you are
2. Adele - Someone Like you
3. Rihanna - Umbrella
4. Robbie Williams - Angels
5. Rihanna - Diamonds
6. Guns n Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
7. Oasis - Wonderwall
8. Taylor Swift - I knew you were Trouble
9. Christina Aguilera - Beautiful
10. McFly - It's All About You
11. Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
12. Labyrinth feat Emeli Sande - Beneath your Beautiful
13. Bryan Adams - Everything I Do, I Do it for You
14. Emeli Sande - Next to Me
15. U2 - With or Without you
16. Adele - Skyfall
17. Gotye - Somebody I Used to Know
18. Take That - Back for Good
19. Patience - Take That
20. Professor Green feat Emilie Sande - Read all About it