Ryan Seacrest to Continue Hosting New Year's Rockin' Eve - New York News

Ryan Seacrest to Continue Hosting New Year's Rockin' Eve

Posted: Updated:

SANTA MONICA (CNS/KTTV) - Ryan Seacrest will continue to produce and host "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve" under a "multi-year" contract extension announced today.

Seacrest began co-hosting the show with Clark in 2005, but he took over full-time hosting duties last year following Clark's death.

"I think I will forever be both sentimental and grateful about my experiences with `Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve,"' Seacrest said, thanking Dick Clark Productions' CEO Allen Shapiro for continuing their partnership.

"I'm humbled by their continued faith, and excited to work together to create new traditions and fun moments on the show that only live television can deliver," he said.

The show will continue to be aired on ABC. The exact length of the contract extension with Seacrest was not announced.

"Ryan and I started this partnership together in 2005," Shapiro said. "He has been a key factor in the extended and expanded success of the show.

It's very difficult to take over a franchise created by an icon and grow it. Ryan has done just that."

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Hundreds celebrate Easter at St. Patricks Cathedral

    Hundreds celebrate Easter at St. Patricks Cathedral

    Saturday, April 19 2014 10:37 PM EDT2014-04-20 02:37:51 GMT
    Hundreds of people showed up to Saturday's mass at St. Patricks Cathedral to celebrate Easter, one of the holiest days for Christians around the world.
    Hundreds of people showed up to Saturday's Mass at St. Patricks Cathedral to celebrate Easter, one of the holiest days for Christians around the world.
  • NYC police investigating body in plastic container

    NYC police investigating body in plastic container

    Police in New York City are questioning a suspect after discovering a dead body stuffed into a large, black plastic storage container.
    Police in New York City are questioning a suspect after discovering a dead body stuffed into a large, black plastic storage container.
  • Governor kicks off 114th annual New York International Auto Show

    Governor kicks off 114th annual New York International Auto Show

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:00 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:00:18 GMT
    Auto fans you may already know this the 114th New York International Automobile Show is in town this week. Governor Cuomo was on hand Saturday to kick off the official opening of the 10 day event by driving a 2015 Chevrolet Corvette convertible through the Jacob Javits Convention Center.
    Auto fans you may already know this the 114th New York International Automobile Show is in town this week. Governor Cuomo was on hand Saturday to kick off the official opening of the 10 day event by driving a 2015 Chevrolet Corvette convertible through the Jacob Javits Convention Center.
  • Los Angeles & SoCal NewsLos Angeles & SoCal NewsMore>>

  • Anaheim's Wonderful WonderCon

    Anaheim's Wonderful WonderCon

    Saturday, April 19 2014 9:01 PM EDT2014-04-20 01:01:06 GMT
    It's Easter weekend and while some may be spending their time at Mass, there is a group of passionate people showing up in mass to celebrate their favorite superheroes at the Anaheim WondeCon.
    It's Easter weekend and while some may be spending their time at Mass, there is a group of passionate people showing up in mass to celebrate their favorite superheroes at the Anaheim WondeCon.
  • LAPD Take Armed Man Into Custody At Los Angeles Times Building

    LAPD Take Armed Man Into Custody At Los Angeles Times Building

    Saturday, April 19 2014 1:21 AM EDT2014-04-19 05:21:35 GMT
    Witness says that man who allegedly made threats at Times building worked for a firm that rents space from the newspaper.
    Witness says that man who allegedly made threats at Times building worked for a firm that rents space from the newspaper.
  • Couple Charged in 9-Year-Old Human Trafficking Case

    Couple Charged in 9-Year-Old Human Trafficking Case

    Friday, April 18 2014 11:32 PM EDT2014-04-19 03:32:18 GMT
    A restaurant owner who allegedly paid to have a 9-year-old girl smuggled into the country from El Salvador, then forced the child to work at her restaurant and in her home, pleaded not guilty today to
    A restaurant owner who allegedly paid to have a 9-year-old girl smuggled into the country from El Salvador, then forced the child to work at her restaurant and in her home, pleaded not guilty today to
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices