Car slams into Marietta house - New York News

Car slams into Marietta house

Posted: Updated:
Fortunately, no one was hurt when a car came crashing through this home on Sawmill Road in Marietta. Fortunately, no one was hurt when a car came crashing through this home on Sawmill Road in Marietta.
MARIETTA, Ga. -

A car slammed into a Cobb County home early Tuesday morning, leaving behind quite a mess for the homeowners.  Fortunately, no one was hurt at the home on Sawmill Road in Marietta.

Bill Beaudin tells All News 106.7's Carolyn Ryan that he and his wife were sleeping in their bedroom around 3:00 a.m. when they heard tires screeching, and then a huge crash.  They ran outside to find the giant hole in the house, and a car completely inside it--- directly under the room they had been sleeping in.

Beaudin says drivers often speed up and down the street, but this time there was more to the story. Police say the car had been reported stolen, and the driver got away on foot.  Authorities are still searching for that person.

  • More Local NewsMore>>

  • Man leads Rockdale Deputies on 100mph chase

    Man leads Rockdale Deputies on 100mph chase

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 3:20 PM EDT2014-04-23 19:20:03 GMT
    A South Carolina man fleeing from deputies crashed his car and had to be pulled from the wreckage after it burst into flames.
    A South Carolina man fleeing from deputies crashed his car and had to be pulled from the wreckage after it burst into flames.
  • Manchester High evacuated over 'text message' bomb threat

    Manchester High evacuated over 'text message' bomb threat

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 12:36 PM EDT2014-04-23 16:36:51 GMT
    Students at Manchester High School were evacuated from the building late Wednesday morning following a reported bomb threat.
    Students at Manchester High School were evacuated from the building late Wednesday morning following a reported bomb threat.
  • Use of force 'not justified' in officer shooting of Bartow teen

    Use of force 'not justified' in officer shooting of Bartow teen

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 11:20 AM EDT2014-04-23 15:20:30 GMT
    A Bartow County Grand Jury has stated that the use of deadly force in the February shooting of a teen was 'not justified'. Christopher Roupe, 17, was fatally shot by Euharlee officer who claimed the teen answered the door with a gun.
    A Bartow County Grand Jury has stated that the use of deadly force in the February shooting of a teen was 'not justified'. Christopher Roupe, 17, was fatally shot by Euharlee officer who claimed the teen answered the door with a gun.
  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Connecticut man charged in Yale hoax threat

    Connecticut man charged in Yale hoax threat

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 3:33 PM EDT2014-04-23 19:33:11 GMT
    New Haven police say they have charged a Westbrook with making a hoax call in November to say an armed man was heading to shoot up Yale University.
    Police say they have charged a Connecticut man with making a call in November in which he falsely claimed an armed man was on his way to shoot up Yale University. New Haven police said Wednesday that 50-year-old Jeffrey Jones, of Westbrook, has been charged with falsely reporting an incident, threatening, reckless endangerment, misuse of the emergency 911 system and breach of peace.
  • Camilla's brother dies in New York after head injury

    Camilla's brother dies in New York after head injury

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 3:10 PM EDT2014-04-23 19:10:58 GMT
    The brother of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, has died after sustaining a serious head injury following a fall in New York, British royal officials said Wednesday. Clarence House said that the 62-year-old Mark Shand died in the hospital Wednesday after falling late Tuesday.
    The brother of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, has died after sustaining a serious head injury following a fall in New York, British royal officials said Wednesday. Clarence House said that the 62-year-old Mark Shand died in the hospital Wednesday after falling late Tuesday.
  • Port Authority could rescind $1 NJ Transit lease

    Port Authority could rescind $1 NJ Transit lease

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 2:57 PM EDT2014-04-23 18:57:07 GMT
    NJ TransitNJ Transit
    The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is holding its monthly board meeting, two days after it heard from a panel on what it needs to do to improve its accountability and efficiency and restore public trust.
    The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey could rescind a $1-a-year lease for a park-and-ride lot near the Lincoln Tunnel. The agency's chief of real estate and development told a committee Wednesday that it should change a deal made in 2012. Published reports have alleged that former Port Authority chairman David Samson voted to approve the lease even though his law firm did business with New Jersey Transit, which operates the park-and-ride lot.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices