Authorities: 5 hurt in crash involving EMS vehicle - New York News

Authorities: 5 hurt in crash involving EMS vehicle

Posted: Updated:
Officials say two paramedics were among the injured after a crash on the city's west side Wednesday. Officials say two paramedics were among the injured after a crash on the city's west side Wednesday.
DETROIT (WJBK) -

Authorities say a Detroit EMS vehicle was hit by a car, injuring five people.

EMS Chief Jerald James says the crash involved an EMS rapid response vehicle equipped with lights and sirens. It happened just before 9 a.m. Wednesday morning at the intersection of Linwood and Glendale on the city's west side.

Officials say an EMS worker and four others, including a child, were injured. James says injuries appeared non-life threatening and all were transported to a local hospital.

The EMS vehicle was responding to another incident at the time of the crash.

-- The Associated Press contributed to this report

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Saturday, April 19 2014 2:55 PM EDT2014-04-19 18:55:51 GMT
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices