Man to be sentenced in Kid Rock home burglary try - New York News

Man to be sentenced in Kid Rock home burglary try

Posted: Updated:
Brian Keith, 43 Brian Keith, 43
PONTIAC, Mich. (AP) -

A 43-year-old man charged with trying to break into musician Kid Rock's suburban Detroit home is scheduled to be sentenced in the case.

Court records show Brian D. Keith is due Wednesday afternoon in Oakland County Circuit Court in Pontiac.

Keith pleaded no contest earlier this month to attempted home invasion, malicious destruction of a building and malicious destruction of personal property. The plea is not an admission of guilt, but is treated as such for sentencing.

Keith was arrested Aug. 3 after surveillance photos from security cameras on Kid Rock's Clarkston property were released. The photos showed a man ramming the gate July 31 and trying to break into the house. Kid Rock was away at the time.

Tips from the public led to Keith's arrest.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Startups flock to NY TechDay

    Startups flock to NY TechDay

    Thursday, April 24 2014 6:40 PM EDT2014-04-24 22:40:26 GMT
    NY TechDay is where the hottest new startups come every year. More than 400 of them from all different countries come to check out the NYC tech scene. Our first stop at Pier 92 was Rent Hackr, a website with renter generated data to help apartment hunters. Then we checked out Karma, a portable Wi-Fi device that lets you share hot spots with friends.
    NY TechDay is where the hottest new startups come every year. More than 400 of them from all different countries come to check out the NYC tech scene. Our first stop at Pier 92 was Rent Hackr, a website with renter generated data to help apartment hunters. Then we checked out Karma, a portable Wi-Fi device that lets you share hot spots with friends.
  • PETA protests Central Park horse-drawn carriages

    PETA protests Central Park horse-drawn carriages

    Thursday, April 24 2014 6:08 PM EDT2014-04-24 22:08:12 GMT
    Chanting the mayor's name in appreciation, some 50 demonstrators protested horse-drawn carriages in the city on Thursday. The protest was organized by PETA and NYCLASS after a horse fell on the corner of 5th Avenue and 59th Street Wednesday. The protestors said the horse was spooked by a bus and cited witness accounts who shot some video. The horse that fell is 15-year-old Spartacus.
    Chanting the mayor's name in appreciation, some 50 demonstrators protested horse-drawn carriages in the city on Thursday. The protest was organized by PETA and NYCLASS after a horse fell on the corner of 5th Avenue and 59th Street Wednesday. The protestors said the horse was spooked by a bus and cited witness accounts who shot some video. The horse that fell is 15-year-old Spartacus.
  • Superstorm Sandy

    NYU Langone unveils rebuilt emergency room

    NYU Langone unveils rebuilt emergency room

    Thursday, April 24 2014 5:54 PM EDT2014-04-24 21:54:40 GMT
    A year and a half after Superstorm Sandy hit New York, a major city emergency facility that was destroyed finally fully reopened Thursday — with waterproof walls. Gov. Andrew Cuomo joined Mayor Bill de Blasio and other dignitaries to celebrate the emergency complex at the NYU Langone Medical Center, which is now triple the size of the old one and equipped with the latest technology.
    A year and a half after Superstorm Sandy hit New York, a major city emergency facility that was destroyed finally fully reopened Thursday — with waterproof walls. Gov. Andrew Cuomo joined Mayor Bill de Blasio and other dignitaries to celebrate the emergency complex at the NYU Langone Medical Center, which is now triple the size of the old one and equipped with the latest technology.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices