Joining the Leapfrog team means being part one of the largest digital marketing companies in the world, one that helps brands uncover new customers and revenue through leading and innovative digital direct-marketing technology. If you are interested in data driven marketing and emerging digital technology (mobile, tablet, attribution), then read on!
Leapfrog Online is seeking a Ruby Software Engineer to build and maintain high-traffic web sites using the Rails web framework for Leapfrog Online business units. This position makes extensive use of open source software to solve interesting problems. Agile is practiced in all of our development teams, but we don't require previous experience in Agile methodologies.
Are you a self-starter that holds high performance goals? Are you high energy and adaptable with an entrepreneurial mind-set? Can you successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously? Are you a good communicator who works well in teams? Do you have experience with open-source software or programming in Ruby? Are you able to recognize patterns in application behavior based off experiences with web-based technologies? If so, we are looking for you!
• Building and maintaining high-traffic web sites using the Rails web framework
• Participating in project planning to review user stories, wireframes, and product specifications and applying them to your software designs
• Presenting your ideas and demonstrating your work to technical and non-technical audiences in writing and in person.
• Working with other team members to pair on programming and perform regular code reviews
• Troubleshooting and advising on solutions to complex software issues
• Developing automated test cases and test suites to ensure initial and ongoing quality in our software
• Bachelor's degree and 2 or more years' experience relating to web-based software development using open source technologies
• Real-world experience using Ruby application frameworks (such as Rails) to build high-traffic web sites and applications
• Thorough understanding of common web application concepts and technologies, such as HTTP, SSL, XML and associated technologies, content management concepts, application and data security and privacy issues, and basic networking concepts
• Non-trivial experience with any SQL-based RDBMS (PostgreSQL experience is especially useful)
• Knowledge of version control systems (especially Git)
• Understanding of pragmatic engineering practices like iterative releases, test-driven development, object oriented design, refactoring, DRY design, the YAGNI ethic and continuous integration
• Experience producing and consuming SOAP or RESTful web services
• Experience working with message-oriented systems and an interest in non-RDBMS data stores (CouchDB, MongoDB, Redis) are both a plus, but not required
• Career growth and development. Our talented development teams take pride in being part of the vibrant developer community, striving to create elegant solutions, as well as continuously pushing the envelope into new ground. We take your career development seriously and offer opportunities for you to learn and grow both internally and externally.
• Innovative work environment. We are a tight-knit team who likes what we do and have fun doing it. While we do not always leave at five, we pride ourselves on the work/life balance we have here.
• Total comp package. We know your take-home pay isn't all you're looking for, which is why we match your 401(k), have great medical, dental, and vision insurance, and pay for your short-term disability and life insurance. Plus, every employee has a bonus potential.
• Casual dress. We welcome all dress styles but jeans work well here!
• Easy transportation and parking. We are steps from the Dempster Purpline "L" stop and we have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. We welcome bikers and have plenty of indoor bike racks.
• Great location. Evanston is just like downtown Chicago without all the hassle. Walking distance to Whole Foods, Potbelly's, and the famous Edzo's. If you need to workout, the YMCA and Yoga studio are just down the street.
• Free food! Our kitchen is stocked with all-you-can-eat snacks for morning and afternoon along with bottomless cups of espresso, soda, and bottled water. Don't forget Bagel/Donut Fridays as well as all the endless amounts of goodies our amateur chef employees bring in for sharing. We are well fed!
Ready to apply? Please follow this link: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?cj=oBOpXfwv&s=Craigslist