Police search for gunman in killing of 1-year-old in Brooklyn - New York News

Police search for gunman in killing of 1-year-old in Brooklyn

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly says the father of a 1-year-old boy who was fatally shot in the head while in his stroller, was the intended target.

16-month-old Antiq Hennis was just picked up by his father, 21-year-old Anthony Hennis from the home of the baby's mother, Cherise Miller to take him to visit Hennis' grandmother. Henis was crossing Livonia Avenue with the child in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn around 7:20 p.m., when multiple shots were fired.

The little boy was hit on the left side of his face by a bullet.

EMS has rushed the child to Brookdale Hospital where he later died.

Authorities have some leads and believe the child’s death may be gang-related.

Anti-violence activist Anthony Herbert community leader of Advocates Without Borders, said its members were also gathering information about the shooting and urging the gunman to turn himself in.

Kelly said the baby's father isn't cooperating with police and has a criminal record.


  • Brooklyn NewsBrooklyn NewsMore>>

  • White flags raised at Brooklyn Bridge

    White flags raised at Brooklyn Bridge

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 9:22 PM EDT2014-07-23 01:22:00 GMT
    The NYPD is investigating a major security breach at the Brooklyn Bridge, one of the most highly secured landmarks in New York City. Two white flags — international symbols of surrender — fluttered from poles on the stone supports that hold cables above the bridge connecting Brooklyn and Manhattan. The flags had a faint appearance of the stars and stripes. The American flags that are normally up at the bridge appeared to have been removed.
    The NYPD is investigating a major security breach at the Brooklyn Bridge, one of the most highly secured landmarks in New York City. Two white flags — international symbols of surrender — fluttered from poles on the stone supports that hold cables above the bridge connecting Brooklyn and Manhattan. The flags had a faint appearance of the stars and stripes. The American flags that are normally up at the bridge appeared to have been removed.
  • Polluted Gowanus Canal doesn't scare away neighborhood development

    Polluted Gowanus Canal doesn't scare away neighborhood development

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 8:57 AM EDT2014-07-22 12:57:02 GMT
    Every day, those who live and work in the Gowanus section of Brooklyn drive and bike and walk across their canal, growing a little more accustomed to but no less disgusted by its scent and appearance. Once the busiest canal in the United States, the Gowanus now bears the distinction as perhaps the most polluted body of water in the nation. No one knows exactly how polluted because few have summoned enough courage to dive into its murky depths to investigate.
    Every day, those who live and work in the Gowanus section of Brooklyn drive and bike and walk across their canal, growing a little more accustomed to but no less disgusted by its scent and appearance. Once the busiest canal in the United States, the Gowanus now bears the distinction as perhaps the most polluted body of water in the nation. No one knows exactly how polluted because few have summoned enough courage to dive into its murky depths to investigate.
  • reBar wedding venue owner gets 10-year sentence

    reBar wedding venue owner gets 10-year sentence

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 6:19 AM EDT2014-07-22 10:19:21 GMT
    The owner of a popular Brooklyn restaurant that closed abruptly and left dozen of couples without a wedding venue has been sentenced to up to 10 years in prison. Jason Stevens pleaded guilty last month to grand larceny and criminal tax fraud charges. He closed his restaurant, reBar, without warning in May.
    The owner of a popular Brooklyn restaurant that closed abruptly and left dozen of couples without a wedding venue has been sentenced to up to 10 years in prison. Jason Stevens pleaded guilty last month to grand larceny and criminal tax fraud charges. He closed his restaurant, reBar, without warning in May.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices