Zimmerman's wife pleads guilty to misdemeanor - New York News

Zimmerman's wife pleads guilty to misdemeanor

Posted: Updated:
  • 911 CallsMore>>

  • 911 calls released in Sanford shooting

    911 calls released in Sanford shooting

    Wednesday, April 11 2012 9:52 AM EDT2012-04-11 13:52:36 GMT
    Sanford Police have released the 911 calls placed on the night of a fatal shooting which took the life of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
    Sanford Police have released the 911 calls placed on the night of a fatal shooting which took the life of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
  • Exclusive InterviewMore>>

  • Robert Zimmerman interview

    Robert Zimmerman interview

    For the first time since that fateful night on February 26, the father of a neighborhood watch volunteer who shot and killed an unarmed teenager sat down for a television interview.
    For the first time since that fateful night on February 26, the father of a neighborhood watch volunteer who shot and killed an unarmed teenager sat down for a television interview.

George Zimmerman's wife, Shellie, has entered a guilty plea to a misdemeanor perjury charge for lying during a bail hearing after her husband's arrest.

Shellie Zimmerman had been charged with felony perjury and had entered a not guilty plea. She withdrew that plea and pleaded guilty to the lesser charge on Wednesday in Seminole County court.

A judge sentenced her to one-year probation and 100 hours of community service.

Shellie Zimmerman was charged with perjury after prosecutors said she misled a judge about how much money she and her husband had for her husband's bond.

George Zimmerman is the neighborhood watch volunteer was acquitted last month of any crime for the fatal shooting of Travyon Martin in February 2012.

  • Photos of Casey Anthony

  • Click here to see photos of Casey Anthony through the months.
  • Trayvon Martin Coverage

  • Click here for stories, photos and 911 calls from the Trayvon Martin case.

Follow us on Pinterest

 

 
 
  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Accused Long Island cop killer found guilty

    Accused Long Island cop killer found guilty

    Monday, July 28 2014 12:49 PM EDT2014-07-28 16:49:08 GMT
    An ex-convict suspected of gunning down a Nassau County police officer and then fatally shooting a carjacking victim was found guilty on all counts in the murders on Monday. Darrell Fuller, 33, shot and killed Police Officer Arthur Lopez in October 2012 who suspected he had been involved in a hit-and-run car accident. Authorities said Fuller then fled that shooting and killed the second victim, Raymond Facey of Queens, while stealing his vehicle.
    An ex-convict suspected of gunning down a Nassau County police officer and then fatally shooting a carjacking victim was found guilty on all counts in the murders on Monday. Darrell Fuller, 34, shot and killed Police Officer Arthur Lopez in October 2012 who suspected he had been involved in a hit-and-run car accident. Authorities said Fuller then fled that shooting and killed the second victim, Raymond Facey of Queens, while stealing his vehicle.
  • 3 Nassau beaches closed due to heavy rainfall

    3 Nassau beaches closed due to heavy rainfall

    Monday, July 28 2014 11:27 AM EDT2014-07-28 15:27:54 GMT
    Three Nassau County beaches have been closed to bathing due to heavy rainfall. County health officials say storm water runoff can elevate bacterial levels and affect bathing water quality. The three South Shore beaches that were closed Monday are: Hewlett Point Beach; Island Park Beach; and Merrick Estates Civic Association. In addition, Biltmore and Philip Healey beaches in Massapequa remain closed to bathing due to elevated levels of bacteria.
    Three Nassau County beaches have been closed to bathing due to heavy rainfall. County health officials say storm water runoff can elevate bacterial levels and affect bathing water quality. The three South Shore beaches that were closed Monday are: Hewlett Point Beach; Island Park Beach; and Merrick Estates Civic Association. In addition, Biltmore and Philip Healey beaches in Massapequa remain closed to bathing due to elevated levels of bacteria.
  • 3 NJ mayors to announce anti-crime plan

    3 NJ mayors to announce anti-crime plan

    Monday, July 28 2014 9:03 AM EDT2014-07-28 13:03:29 GMT
    The mayors of three of New Jersey's largest cities are announcing a joint initiative to combat violent crime. Newark Mayor Ras Baraka, Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop and Paterson Mayor Jose Torres have scheduled a news conference in Jersey City for Monday afternoon to announce the plan. The news conference is being held in one of Jersey City's most crime-plagued neighborhoods.
    The mayors of three of New Jersey's largest cities are announcing a joint initiative to combat violent crime. Newark Mayor Ras Baraka, Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop and Paterson Mayor Jose Torres have scheduled a news conference in Jersey City for Monday afternoon to announce the plan. The news conference is being held in one of Jersey City's most crime-plagued neighborhoods.

FOX 35 Weather Authority

Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices