Fans can only bring one clear bag to MetLife Stadium - New York News

Fans can only bring one clear bag to MetLife Stadium

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

Fans who attended Sunday night’s Giants-Colts game had to leave the backpacks and purses at home.

The new security policy says no backpacks, no coolers and if you had to bring a bag – it had to be see-through.

Some fans were caught by surprise.

Usually when you're coming to a Giants game at MetLife stadium, your major concern is the traffic. But now there's a new bag ban in effect and some fans told Fox 5 it felt like they were going through security at the airport.

“No bags..clear bags right in guys!

A new football season -- a new security measure at all NFL games.

“It's not about what you bring, but how you bring it in, the bag that you're using.”

The NFL's new bag ban was in full force at the Giants preseason game at MetLife Stadium Sunday night.

Danny Delorenzi, Director of Security at the stadium, says your bag either has to be clear or very small.

“The NFL policy says clear bag, which is 12x6x12 or you can have a non-clear bag by four and a half by six and a half, typically the size of a common clutch.”

Security personnel were everywhere telling people about the new ban. Hope Mazzola of the Bronx was grateful she found out before she waited in line to get in.

“The fella told me before I got here I had to undo my stuff from the pocketbook. So I brought my wallet and my keys and a cell phone. And I left everything else in the car -- thank God I had my car.”

But not everyone got the message or has a car. Some fans had to check in their bags at trailers and then pick them up after the game.

“I just found out this is too big to bring inside, so I’m kind of upset about it,” said one fan.

“I had no idea this was too large. It’s a very small bag, but what are you going to? It's all for safety right?”

The restrictions are designed to enhance security while speeding up entry into stadiums. The NFL changed its policy after the deadly Boston Marathon bombings.

“It's going to work great in the summer time when we don’t have to worry about cold weather, but in the winter time, you got blankets and extra jackets and things like that. I don’t know how well it’s going to work but they got to do what they got to do,” added another fan.

You can still bring in cameras and binoculars too -- just not their cases. Food is ok too, so are blankets, but again, all of your items have to be in a clear bag.

  • New Jersey NewsNew Jersey NewsMore>>

  • New Jersey detective acquitted in Maryland highway shooting

    NJ detective acquitted in Md. highway shooting

    Thursday, July 31 2014 5:20 PM EDT2014-07-31 21:20:31 GMT
    A jury has found a New Jersey detective not guilty in the slaying of a driver during an alleged road-rage incident. Joseph Walker, 41, an investigator for the Hudson County, New Jersey, prosecutor's office, was found not guilty on all counts on Wednesday in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court. He had been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Joseph Harvey, 36, of Landsdowne.
    A jury has found a New Jersey detective not guilty in the slaying of a driver during an alleged road-rage incident. Joseph Walker, 41, an investigator for the Hudson County, New Jersey, prosecutor's office, was found not guilty on all counts on Wednesday in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court. He had been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Joseph Harvey, 36, of Landsdowne.
  • Man charged for the overdose death of Hillsborough resident on Christmas Eve

    Man charged for the overdose death of Hillsborough resident on Christmas Eve

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:38 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:38:39 GMT

    A Bridgewater man has been charged with the death of a 22-year-old Hillsborough resident who overdosed on Heroin Christmas Eve morning, according to nj.com.

    A Bridgewater man has been charged with the death of a 22-year-old Hillsborough resident who overdosed on Heroin Christmas Eve morning, according to nj.com.

  • East Hanover man admits exposing himself to child

    East Hanover man admits exposing himself to child

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:34 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:34:55 GMT
    An East Hanover man previously convicted of child endangerment pleaded guilty Wednesday to exposing himself to another child on several occasions when she was between the ages of 4 and 6. Kenneth Lull, 48, who has been in jail since 2008, received a three-year suspended sentence under the plea agreement, according to NJ.com.
    An East Hanover man previously convicted of child endangerment pleaded guilty Wednesday to exposing himself to another child on several occasions when she was between the ages of 4 and 6. Kenneth Lull, 48, who has been in jail since 2008, received a three-year suspended sentence under the plea agreement, according to NJ.com.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices