Brian Keith, 43, charged in burglary attempt of Kid Rock's home - New York News

Man, 43, charged in burglary attempt of Kid Rock's home

Posted: Updated:
Brian Keith us accused of attempting to break in to Kid Rock's home. Brian Keith us accused of attempting to break in to Kid Rock's home.
Police say Brian Keith was seen on Kid Rock's property last week. Police say Brian Keith was seen on Kid Rock's property last week.
Police say Keith used this van to break down the home's security gate. Police say Keith used this van to break down the home's security gate.
CLARKSTON, Mich. (WJBK) -

A 43-year-old Independence Township man faces several charges in the attempted burglary of a home owned by Kid Rock.

Brian Keith was arraigned by video Tuesday in 52nd District Court in Clarkston on felony charges of attempted home invasion and malicious destruction property.

Keith asked for a court-appointed attorney. He's being held after bond was set at $75,000.

Police said security cameras show Keith's white van ramming the gate of Kid Rock's Clarkston property Wednesday afternoon and trying to break into the house. He failed to get in.

"There was over $29,500 in damage to the gate, the house and the barn," explained Oakland County Undersheriff Michael McCabe. "He actually backed into the barn with his van also when he fled."

McCabe said two tips led to Keith's arrest Saturday morning at his Independence Township home.

McCabe also said the van used to smash into the gate was recovered.

Kid Rock offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to the man's arrest.

"Thank God I was not on the property at the time of this attempted break in," Kid Rock wrote in a social media post. "I am an avid hunter and marksman, and I will not hesitate to shoot anyone who has myself or family in fear for our lives.

"I take the invasion of my personal space very seriously regardless of who you are."

Keith is a father of seven with 14 prior convictions.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

RELEASE FROM THE OAKLAND COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE:

Brian Duane Keith, age 43 of Independence Township, MI was arraigned today in the 52-2 District Court in Independence Township by Judge Joseph Fabrizio on charges of Attempt Home Invasion, which is a 5 year felony, Malicious Destruction of a Building over $1000 and Malicious Destruction of Personal Property over $1000 both of which are 5 year felonies.  Total damages to the security gate, the residence and the garage are in excess of $29,000.

He was remanded to the Oakland County Jail on a $75,000 cash bond and no 10% allowed.  If he posts bond he is to wear a GPS tether. 

He has an extensive criminal history out of the states of Virginia and North Carolina in 2005 and 2006 involving Assault, Forged Checks, Operating While Intoxicated, Receiving and Concealing Stolen Property and Impersonating a Police Officer. 

His next court date is Monday August 12th at 1:30PM in the same court.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • 2 U.S. marshals, 1 NYPD detective shot in Manhattan

    2 U.S. marshals, 1 NYPD detective shot in Manhattan

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:32 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:32:05 GMT
    Two deputy U.S. marshals, an NYPD detective, and a sexual assault suspect have been shot in a shootout in lower Manhattan, officials said. Speaking at a news conference, Mayor Bill de Blasio said the marshals and cop were taken to a local hospital with apparently non-life threatening injuries.
    Two deputy U.S. marshals, an NYPD detective, and a sexual assault suspect have been shot in a shootout in lower Manhattan, officials said. Speaking at a news conference, Mayor Bill de Blasio said the marshals and cop were taken to a local hospital with apparently non-life threatening injuries.
  • Massive brawl at NJ wedding

    Massive brawl at NJ wedding

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:24 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:24:34 GMT
    As many as 300 people became involved in a massive brawl at a New Jersey wedding hall that ended with two arrests on Sunday night.  Middletown police say that the fight broke out at about 10:30 p.m. at the Jacques Reception Hall on Palmer Ave. in Middletown.
    As many as 300 people became involved in a massive brawl at a New Jersey wedding hall that ended with two arrests on Sunday night.  Middletown police say that the fight broke out at about 10:30 p.m. at the Jacques Reception Hall on Palmer Ave. in Middletown.
  • Accused Long Island cop killer found guilty

    Accused Long Island cop killer found guilty

    Monday, July 28 2014 12:49 PM EDT2014-07-28 16:49:08 GMT
    An ex-convict suspected of gunning down a Nassau County police officer and then fatally shooting a carjacking victim was found guilty on all counts in the murders on Monday. Darrell Fuller, 33, shot and killed Police Officer Arthur Lopez in October 2012 who suspected he had been involved in a hit-and-run car accident. Authorities said Fuller then fled that shooting and killed the second victim, Raymond Facey of Queens, while stealing his vehicle.
    An ex-convict suspected of gunning down a Nassau County police officer and then fatally shooting a carjacking victim was found guilty on all counts in the murders on Monday. Darrell Fuller, 34, shot and killed Police Officer Arthur Lopez in October 2012 who suspected he had been involved in a hit-and-run car accident. Authorities said Fuller then fled that shooting and killed the second victim, Raymond Facey of Queens, while stealing his vehicle.
  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Let It Rip Weekend Proposal One and the Mongo Brothers

    Let It Rip Weekend Proposal One and the Mongo Brothers

    Let It Rip Weekend Proposal One and the Mongo Brothers

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:46 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:46:07 GMT
    How is Proposal One tied into funding our local schools, police and fire departments, plus should African Americans abandon the Democratic Party and the UAW?
    How is Proposal One tied into funding our local schools, police and fire departments, plus should African Americans abandon the Democratic Party and the UAW?

  • Porch shooter Theodore Wafer back in court for 3rd day of trial

    Porch shooter Theodore Wafer back in court for 3rd day of trial

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:34 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:34:31 GMT
    The trial of a Detroit-area man who killed a young unarmed woman on his porch is entering its first full week of testimony.
    The trial of a Detroit-area man who killed a young unarmed woman on his porch is entering its first full week of testimony.
  • Parents of child held in basement appearing in court

    Parents of child held in basement appearing in court

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:30 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:30:40 GMT
    DETROIT -- The father and stepmother of a 12-year-old Detroit boy who was found in his basement after an 11-day disappearance are due back in court.
    DETROIT -- The father and stepmother of a 12-year-old Detroit boy who was found in his basement after an 11-day disappearance are due back in court.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices