Mass. officials warn of rabid skunk at Six Flags - New York News

Mass. officials warn of rabid skunk at Six Flags

Posted: Updated:

BOSTON (AP) - Massachusetts health officials say a woman visiting Six Flags New England was bitten this week by a rabid skunk and are urging anyone who may have come in contact with a skunk at the theme park to contact the state health department.

The health department said Friday anyone who visited the park between July 21 and July 31 and was bitten or scratched by a skunk may have been exposed to rabies and should contact their health care provider. Only people with direct exposure to skunk saliva are at risk.

The health department said the woman visiting the park Wednesday saw a three group of skunks, and 1 of them bit her foot. The animal has tested positive for rabies.

People with questions about whether they need treatment can contact the state health department at 617-983-5800.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Saturday, April 19 2014 2:55 PM EDT2014-04-19 18:55:51 GMT
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices