Jury gets case in trial of accused airline groper - New York News

Jury gets case in trial of accused airline groper

Posted: Updated:

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - A federal jury has begun deliberations in the trial of a New Jersey man charged with groping a woman on a cross-country flight last year.

Bawer Aksal has been on trial since last week in Newark. The 49-year-old Turkish-born U.S. citizen is charged with sexual abuse and abusive sexual contact.

The alleged victim testified under an alias and told jurors she awoke from sleep on the Phoenix-to-Newark flight to find Aksal molesting her with one hand inside her blouse and the other inside her panties.

An FBI agent testified Aksal told her that the woman came on to him and initiated the contact by placing his hands on her.

Aksal didn't testify in his own defense.

The Record (http://bit.ly/112TbPE) reports the alleged victim attended closing statements on Thursday.

Related stories

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Didn't find what
you were looking for?

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Saturday, April 19 2014 2:55 PM EDT2014-04-19 18:55:51 GMT
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices