Zimmerman Will Get Gun Back - New York News

Zimmerman Will Get Gun Back

Posted: Updated:
George Zimmerman with attorney Mark O'Mara. George Zimmerman with attorney Mark O'Mara.

After being found not guilty on charges of second degree murder, Zimmerman will have his pistol returned to him.

Under Florida law, all evidence used in the case will be released, and that means that the Kel Tec 9 pistol that Zimmerman used to kill Martin will be returned.

Mark O'Mara, Zimmerman's attorney, says that Zimmerman plans to continue carrying the weapon for protection because there's "even more" reason now. Zimmerman also now wears a protective vest when he appears in public.

"There are a lot of people out there who actually hate him, though they shouldn't," O'Mara told the press. "I don't think he can work. I don't think anyone can hire him...George is a pariah."

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Police: Man kills wife, wounds self at New Jersey hospital

    Police: Man kills wife, wounds self at New Jersey hospital

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 11:45 AM EDT2014-08-27 15:45:20 GMT
    Authorities say a man shot his wife and himself at a hospital in southern New Jersey.Camden County Prosecutor's Office spokesman Jason Laughlin says both are alive and being treated.
    Authorities say a man shot his wife and himself at a hospital in southern New Jersey.Camden County Prosecutor's Office spokesman Jason Laughlin says both are alive and being treated.
  • Girl set to testify in Bryant School school abduction

    Girl set to testify in Bryant School school abduction

    A now 7-year-old girl abducted from her Philadelphia kindergarten and sexually assaulted could testify Wednesday in the trial of a former day care worker.
    A now 7-year-old girl abducted from her Philadelphia kindergarten and sexually assaulted could testify Wednesday in the trial of a former day care worker.
  • Man Robs Olney Dunkin Donuts After Asking For Cup of Coffee

    Man Robs Olney Dunkin Donuts After Asking For Cup of Coffee

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 10:46 AM EDT2014-08-27 14:46:10 GMT
    Police are looking for a man who robbed a Dunkin Donuts in Olney.This happened on August 21 at 8:12 pm while employees were working inside the store located at 5401 North 5th Street. 
    Police are looking for a man who robbed a Dunkin Donuts in Olney.This happened on August 21 at 8:12 pm while employees were working inside the store located at 5401 North 5th Street. 
  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Rapper Joe Budden arrested

    Rapper Joe Budden arrested

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 1:52 PM EDT2014-08-27 17:52:27 GMT

    Rapper Joe Budden was arrested by the NYPD on Wednesday in connection with the robbery of his ex-girlfriend's cell phone earlier this month. Police had been looking for the New Jersey resident since Aug. 18 after a heated argument with the woman inside his car in Washington Heights. After he was arrested on Wednesday, Budden apparently Tweeted several times from jail.

    Rapper Joe Budden was arrested by the NYPD on Wednesday in connection with the robbery of his ex-girlfriend's cell phone earlier this month. Police had been looking for the New Jersey resident since Aug. 18 after a heated argument with the woman inside his car in Washington Heights. After he was arrested on Wednesday, Budden apparently Tweeted several times from jail.

  • Soldier who killed herself at Va. Army base was from Yonkers

    Soldier who killed herself at Va. Army base was from Yonkers

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 1:28 PM EDT2014-08-27 17:28:56 GMT

    The Army has identified the soldier who barricaded herself in a building at a Virginia base and then fatally shot herself in the head.  Fort Lee officials on Wednesday say it was 33-year-old Sgt. 1st Class Paula M. Walker of Yonkers

    The Army has identified the soldier who barricaded herself in a building at a Virginia base and then fatally shot herself in the head.  Fort Lee officials on Wednesday say it was 33-year-old Sgt. 1st Class Paula M. Walker of Yonkers

  • Cuomo orders investigation into Time Warner outage

    Cuomo orders investigation into Time Warner outage

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 1:15 PM EDT2014-08-27 17:15:06 GMT
    Time Warner Cable suffered a nationwide outage primarily impacting its Internet service on Wednesday morning. More than 11 million customers were affected.  Several hours later, NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo ordered an investigation into the outage. "I have directed the New York State Department of Public Service to investigate this outage as part of its review of Comcast's proposed merger with Time Warner," said Cuomo.
    Time Warner Cable suffered a nationwide outage primarily impacting its Internet service on Wednesday morning. More than 11 million customers were affected.  Several hours later, NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo ordered an investigation into the outage. "I have directed the New York State Department of Public Service to investigate this outage as part of its review of Comcast's proposed merger with Time Warner," said Cuomo.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices