Bon Jovi gives $1M to Sandy relief - New York News

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share

Bon Jovi gives $1M to Sandy relief

Posted: Updated:
Jon Bon Jovi who hails from Sayreville, NJ, returned to his hometown to make an announcement alongside Gov. Chris Christie. (July 8, 2013/MyFoxNY) Jon Bon Jovi who hails from Sayreville, NJ, returned to his hometown to make an announcement alongside Gov. Chris Christie. (July 8, 2013/MyFoxNY)

Rocker Jon Bon Jovi returned to his hometown on Monday to help make an announcement about New Jersey's Sandy Relief Fund.

The singer presented a $1M check to Gov. Chris Christie's wife, Mary Pat, who is overseeing the relief fund.

Gov. Chris Christie was also on hand at the Sayreville Borough Hall.

Bon Jovi has been a high-profile presence in his hometown since some neighborhoods were wiped out by Sandy last year.

The town has suffered through three severe floods since 2010 and had two major ones in the 1990s.

Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen and former U.S. Sen. Bill Bradley are among the co-chairs of the fund that was organized by Mary Pat Christie soon after the storm struck New Jersey in October.

  • New Jersey NewsNew Jersey NewsMore>>

  • Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 12:33 PM EDT2014-09-02 16:33:28 GMT
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.

  • $2.4B Revel casino shuts down after just 2 years

    $2.4B Revel casino shuts down after just 2 years

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 10:47 AM EDT2014-09-02 14:47:40 GMT
    Revel in Atlantic City, New Jersey. (Photo courtesy Revel Entertainment)Revel in Atlantic City, New Jersey. (Photo courtesy Revel Entertainment)
    Revel Casino Hotel closed its doors Tuesday morning, a little more than two years after opening with high hopes of turning around Atlantic City's struggling casino market.
    Revel Casino Hotel closed its doors Tuesday morning, a little more than two years after opening with high hopes of turning around Atlantic City's struggling casino market. The 5:25 a.m. casino shutdown followed the closure of its hotel on Monday. By mid-September, four of Atlantic City's 12 casinos will have closed, but none will be a costlier failure than Revel.
  • Revel Casino Hotel starts closing in Atlantic City

    Revel Casino Hotel starts closing in Atlantic City

    Monday, September 1 2014 5:16 PM EDT2014-09-01 21:16:28 GMT
    Photo by Arun Kristian DasPhoto by Arun Kristian Das
    The most spectacular and costly failure in Atlantic City's 36-year history of casino gambling begins to play out Monday when the $2.4 billion Revel Casino Hotel empties its hotel.
    Atlantic City's newest casino and its costliest failure has begun its two-day shutdown.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices