Criminal complaint filed against Charles Pugh - New York News

Criminal complaint filed against Charles Pugh

Posted: Updated:
MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich. (WJBK) -

The mother who accuses Detroit City Council President Charles Pugh of having an inappropriate relationship with her teenage son has filed a complaint with police in Madison Heights. She's accusing Pugh of sexual misconduct.

Attorneys now say the civil lawsuit they planned to file on Monday has been postponed. Fox 2's Charlie LeDuff talked to the mother in the case on Friday. She showed him a text message allegedly sent from Pugh to the 17-year-old boy.

The text was sent at 12:18 a.m. on February 21, 2013 and said, "Is this you? Since yo a** didn't text me. lol lets go at 2 pm."

The woman tells Fox 2 she's upset about raunchy texts sent in the middle of the night, a grown man meeting their son at a liquor store, and expensive gifts given without her permission. She also claims Pugh took the boy out of school to go shopping without her knowledge. She says when she reported this to the school nothing was done.

"It's the principal. He was wrong, and he know he was wrong," the mother told LeDuff. "I feel that he was luring my son with gifts, money and promising him things, and that's luring, that's seducing."

Pugh has disappeared from the public eye for several days. On Friday, a woman from St. Clair Shores contacted local news agencies to say she saw Pugh at a coffee shop in Seattle, Washington. She also supplied a photo of Pugh and said the Council President "seemed relaxed" when she approached him and said hello.

Last week, Pugh made a request to Detroit Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr to take a medical leave. Orr denied it and gave Pugh an ultimatum: Show up for work by 5 p.m. Wednesday or else. Pugh failed to show, prompting Orr to sign an order Thursday stripping Pugh of his pay and his authority as City Council president.

Stay with Fox 2 and myfoxdetroit.com for continuing coverage of this developing story.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Girl drowns off Coney Island

    Girl drowns off Coney Island

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 11:07 PM EDT2014-07-23 03:07:25 GMT
    A girl from Staten Island apparently drowned off Coney Island Beach Tuesday evening, police said. Good Samaritans pulled Takara McDuffy, 10, and a 9-year-old girl from the water near Stillwell Avenue at about 7 p.m., the NYPD said. Medics took McDuffy to Coney Island Hospital where she was pronounced dead, authorities said.
    A girl from Staten Island apparently drowned off Coney Island Beach Tuesday evening, police said. Good Samaritans pulled Takara McDuffy, 10, and a 9-year-old girl from the water near Stillwell Avenue at about 7 p.m., the NYPD said. Medics took McDuffy to Coney Island Hospital where she was pronounced dead, authorities said.
  • 'Mortified': stage performers over share

    'Mortified': stage performers over share

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 10:56 PM EDT2014-07-23 02:56:08 GMT
    Some might call Jenn Wehrung a performance artist. Others, more simply, a masochist. This Brooklynite shares her deepest innermost thoughts from 6th grade in a show perhaps best summed up by its name: "Mortified."Wehrung is 37, single, and claims to have $37 in her bank account.Financially poor maybe, the ensemble real-life characters of "Mortified" are all filthy rich in memories.
    Some might call Jenn Wehrung a performance artist. Others, more simply, a masochist. This Brooklynite shares her deepest innermost thoughts from 6th grade in a show perhaps best summed up by its name: "Mortified."Wehrung is 37, single, and claims to have $37 in her bank account.Financially poor maybe, the ensemble real-life characters of "Mortified" are all filthy rich in memories.
  • FAA bans U.S. flights to Tel Aviv airport

    FAA bans U.S. flights to Tel Aviv airport

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 10:39 PM EDT2014-07-23 02:39:02 GMT
    The Federal Aviation Administration has banned U.S. carriers from flying to Israel's main airport for 24 hours. The FAA made the announcement at about 12:40 p.m. on Tuesday. This comes after two U.S. airlines cancelled all flights to Israel until further notice following a rocket landing near the Ben-Gurion Airport earlier in the day.
    The Federal Aviation Administration has banned U.S. carriers from flying to Israel's main airport for 24 hours. The FAA made the announcement at about 12:40 p.m. on Tuesday. This comes after two U.S. airlines cancelled all flights to Israel until further notice following a rocket landing near the Ben-Gurion Airport earlier in the day.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices