New Jersey's nine state-run Sandy housing recovery centers have opened their doors.
The centers, run by the state Department of Community Affairs (DCA), are staffed to help victims of Superstorm Sandy apply for two rebuilding programs: the Reconstruction, Rehabilitation, Elevation and Mitigation, or RREM, program, as well as the Homeowners Resettlement Program.
Below is a list of Recovery Center locations throughout New Jersey.
· Atlantic County: 500 Scarborough Drive, Suite 101, Egg HarborTownship
· Bergen County: 140 E. Ridgewood Avenue, First Floor, SouthTower, Paramus
· CapeMay County: 3860 Bayshore Road,Suite 5, North Cape May
· Essex County: 153 Halsey Street, Second Floor, Newark
· Hudson County: 438 Summit Avenue, Jersey City
· Monmouth County: 3 Paragon Way, Suite 150, Freehold Township
· Middlesex County: 1Metroplex Drive, Edison
· Ocean County: 750 Vassar Avenue, Lakewood
· Union County: 150 Morris Avenue, Suite 101, Springfield
The engineer who was operating the Metro-North train that derailed in the Bronx on Sunday caught himself "nodding" at the controls ahead of the deadly crash, according to a union official. William Rockefeller "caught himself, but he caught himself too late," said union leader Anthony Bottalico, according to the Associated Press.