Sentencing delays sought in Fiesta Bowl cases - New York News

Sentencing delays sought in Fiesta Bowl cases

Posted: Updated:
John Junker John Junker

PHOENIX (AP) - Prosecutors and lawyers for John Junker are proposing new delays in the sentencings of the former Fiesta Bowl chief executive for his admitted involvement in an illegal campaign contribution scheme.

Junker is currently set to be sentenced June 24 in federal court and he faces a July 8 sentencing on a state charge involving the same activities.

However, a new motion filed in federal court in Phoenix by both sides requests a postponement of the federal sentencing until late September.

It says state prosecutors have changed their minds and decided they need more time for Junker to help with their investigation.

The motion says there will be a similar postponement request filed in the state case pending in Maricopa County Superior Court.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Didn't find what
you were looking for?

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • NJ National Guard unit to deploy to Persian Gulf

    NJ National Guard unit to deploy to Persian Gulf

    Friday, August 1 2014 8:34 PM EDT2014-08-02 00:34:45 GMT
    More citizen soldiers will be leaving New Jersey for the Middle East. Nearly 170 troops will depart the National Guard armory in Jersey City on Saturday for duty in the Persian Gulf.
    More citizen soldiers will be leaving New Jersey for the Middle East. Nearly 170 troops will depart the National Guard armory in Jersey City on Saturday for duty in the Persian Gulf.
  • OCME: Police chokehold caused Eric Garner's death

    OCME: Police chokehold caused Eric Garner's death

    Friday, August 1 2014 7:19 PM EDT2014-08-01 23:19:02 GMT
    The New York City medical examiner ruled Friday that a police officer's chokehold caused the death of a man whose videotaped arrest and final pleas of "I can't breathe!" sparked outrage and led to the announcement of a complete overhaul of use-of-force training for the nation's largest police force.
    The New York City medical examiner ruled Friday that a police officer's chokehold caused the death of a man whose videotaped arrest and final pleas of "I can't breathe!" sparked outrage and led to the announcement of a complete overhaul of use-of-force training for the nation's largest police force.
  • 'Ice bucket challenge'

    NY man with ALS gets support from friends and strangers

    NY man with ALS gets support from friends and strangers

    Friday, August 1 2014 7:14 PM EDT2014-08-01 23:14:45 GMT
    When he was 31, Patrick Quinn, of Queens, received the life-changing news: he has ALS. It all started after a softball game in 2011. After two years of countless medical tests, the diagnosis was final. Since then, Quinn has watched his body change. His arms are much thinner. His biceps and triceps have atrophied. His hands have lost all muscle.
    When he was 31, Patrick Quinn, of Queens, received the life-changing news: he has ALS. It all started after a softball game in 2011. After two years of countless medical tests, the diagnosis was final. Since then, Quinn has watched his body change. His arms are much thinner. His biceps and triceps have atrophied. His hands have lost all muscle.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices