Princeton Reopens Campus After Bomb Threat, Evacuation - New York News

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share

Princeton Reopens Campus After Bomb Threat, Evacuation

Posted: Updated:
AP Photo AP Photo
PRINCETON, N.J. -

Princeton University reopened its campus at 6:25 p.m. Tuesday, about eight hours after students, faculty and staff were evacuated because of a bomb threat, according to the Office of Communications.

Nearly seven-thousand people were evacuated from Princeton University's campus after a bomb threat to multiple unspecified campus buildings.

A spokesman says the school received a threatening phone call around 9:00 this morning.

After determining that the threat was credible, University officials ordered the campus evacuated about 90 minutes later. Faculty and staff were sent home; students were told to go to public places in the town of Princeton, including the Princeton Public Library, the Princeton Arts Council and the Nassau Inn.

 

Classes are not in session, although some summer programs are.

The University, as well as local, state and federal law enforcement officials are working to find the person who made the call. So far, they've found nothing.

Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices