Father reacts to ex-wife's attempt to give baby away - New York News

Father reacts to ex-wife's attempt to give baby away

Posted: Updated:
PHOENIX -

It's a story we first told you about Thursday -- a mother, accused of trying to give her baby to strangers outside a Phoenix store.  Now there's reaction from the child's father, who as you can imagine is not happy.

He wants his baby girl back and says the mother never mentioned anything to him about giving up their child -- this all came out of the blue.

Surveillance video shows 36-year-old Rozenna Luna with her 6-month-old daughter in a baby carrier.

By the time police arrived, she had already offered up her baby to four complete strangers.

"I couldn't believe you know. It is bad and I don't understand.. this lady is going crazy"

Enrique Luna is the child's father and Rozenna's ex-husband.

"My daughter.. her daughter.. the girl I raised. I raised four kids from her. And she called and said, you know what,mom is acting weird," he said.

While at the AM/PM at Interstate 17 and Bethany Home Road, Rozenna also called the police from a pay phone. Because she had an outstanding warrant, she knew that when police arrived, they'd take the baby off her hands.

When asked if Rozenna ever said anything to him, such as "I don't want this baby," Enrique replied, "No, she didn't say anything like that. That is what I am saying.. it is weird. Because I mean it is insane. I don't understand"

Enrique says his ex-wife left their home a few days before this bizarre incident at the AM/PM.

"She said, 'Hey, I am going to move.' And I said, hey just take care of the baby. Whatever you need I am here for whatever, you know and then she just left," he explained.

According to the mother's court paperwork, she was upset about an argument she got into with her ex.

He says there was never any fight and would have gladly taken the baby.

"No matter what it takes, I will try harder.. I am going to try to get my daughter back.. my baby back," said Enrique.

Authorities say the baby is in Child Protective Service's custody.

Police say Rozenna admitted to smoking meth a few days before this all happened and had been drinking the day she tried to give the baby up.  She was booked into jail for child abuse.

Follow this story: Woman arrested for trying to give away baby, police say


  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Report: Joan Rivers on slow road to recovery

    Report: Joan Rivers on slow road to recovery

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 1:08 PM EDT2014-09-02 17:08:01 GMT

    Hollywood icon Joan Rivers, 81, is reportedly on a slow road to recovery after she went into cardiac arrest at a New York City doctor's office. Rivers remains in serious condition at The Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan, according to her daughter, Melissa Rivers.  Doctors were expected to slowly remove Rivers from a medically-induced coma on Tuesday to asses her brain functionality.

    Hollywood icon Joan Rivers, 81, is reportedly on a slow road to recovery after she went into cardiac arrest at a New York City doctor's office. Rivers remains in serious condition at The Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan, according to her daughter, Melissa Rivers. Doctors were expected to slowly remove Rivers from a medically-induced coma on Tuesday to asses her brain functionality.

  • Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 12:33 PM EDT2014-09-02 16:33:28 GMT
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.

  • $2.4B Revel casino shuts down after just 2 years

    $2.4B Revel casino shuts down after just 2 years

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 10:47 AM EDT2014-09-02 14:47:40 GMT
    Revel in Atlantic City, New Jersey. (Photo courtesy Revel Entertainment)Revel in Atlantic City, New Jersey. (Photo courtesy Revel Entertainment)
    Revel Casino Hotel closed its doors Tuesday morning, a little more than two years after opening with high hopes of turning around Atlantic City's struggling casino market.
    Revel Casino Hotel closed its doors Tuesday morning, a little more than two years after opening with high hopes of turning around Atlantic City's struggling casino market. The 5:25 a.m. casino shutdown followed the closure of its hotel on Monday. By mid-September, four of Atlantic City's 12 casinos will have closed, but none will be a costlier failure than Revel.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices