Metro to shut 5 stations for weekend work - New York News

Metro to shut 5 stations for weekend work

Posted: Updated:
WASHINGTON, DC -

Metro says it will close a total of five stations on the green and orange lines for weekend work.

Metro says free shuttle buses will replace trains on the green line between Greenbelt and West Hyattsville. The Greenbelt, College Park and Prince George's Plaza stations will be closed. Customers using the shuttle bus can expect to add up to 35 minutes to their travel time.

On the orange line, buses will replace trains between East Falls Church and Clarendon. The Ballston and Virginia Square stations will be shut. Customers using the shuttle bus can expect to add up to 25 minutes to their commute.

Trains will also single track on the red line between Van Ness and Dupont Circle and between Rhode Island Avenue and Takoma.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Saturday, April 19 2014 2:55 PM EDT2014-04-19 18:55:51 GMT
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.

Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices