House catches fire twice in 3 months - New York News

House catches fire twice in 3 months

Posted: Updated:
PHOENIX -

A valley home went up in smoke Friday, burning for the second time in just a few months.

Firefighters arrived to the home near 15th Ave and Van Buren about 11 a.m. to find heavy smoke coming from the house.

Fire crews worked to put out the flames, but not before the chimney and other parts of the home caved in.

No one was injured, but the home is now a complete loss after major damage to the structure of the house.

"At this point it was vacant. It had once burned back in February so it was boarded up, so fire investigators will be coming down to the scene to find out what happened, what's the cause and determination of what the fire was," says Phoenix Fire Capt. Larry Nunez.

No other homes in the area were affected.


  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • GIRLTALK #takeover

    Angela Simmons reaches out

    Angela Simmons reaches out

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 7:09 PM EDT2014-08-27 23:09:20 GMT
    The Boys and Girls Club of Newark seems like the last place you'd expect to find the daughter of hip hop royalty. But when it comes to inspiring young girls, Angela Simmons, daughter of Rev. Run of Run DMC, believes in the old adage "each one, teach one." While it may seem like she had a silver spoon in her mouth, she knows the importance of giving back.
    The Boys and Girls Club of Newark seems like the last place you'd expect to find the daughter of hip hop royalty. But when it comes to inspiring young girls, Angela Simmons, daughter of Rev. Run of Run DMC, believes in the old adage "each one, teach one." While it may seem like she had a silver spoon in her mouth, she knows the importance of giving back.
  • NYSE rings bell for pediatric cancer awareness

    NYSE rings bell for pediatric cancer awareness

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 7:00 PM EDT2014-08-27 23:00:54 GMT
    On Wednesday, the world famous New York Stock Exchange closing bell rang in honor of pediatric cancer awareness. The Loccisano family says their beloved Frankie heard the bell all the way up in heaven. Frankie's grandmother says she is convinced of it. Camille Loccisano, Frankie's mother, is the executive director of Frankie's Mission, a nonprofit pediatric cancer foundation named in her son's honor.
    On Wednesday, the world famous New York Stock Exchange closing bell rang in honor of pediatric cancer awareness. The Loccisano family says their beloved Frankie heard the bell all the way up in heaven. Frankie's grandmother says she is convinced of it. Camille Loccisano, Frankie's mother, is the executive director of Frankie's Mission, a nonprofit pediatric cancer foundation named in her son's honor.
  • Metro-North safety practices faulted

    Metro-North safety practices faulted

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 6:07 PM EDT2014-08-27 22:07:45 GMT
    The Metro-North Railroad has sacrificed safety for on-time performance, according to a report released Wednesday by a Metropolitan Transportation Authority panel. The report echoes an assessment conducted this year by the Federal Railroad Administration, which investigated after a string of Metro-North accidents including a December 2013 derailment that killed four riders in the Bronx.
    The Metro-North Railroad has sacrificed safety for on-time performance, according to a report released Wednesday by a Metropolitan Transportation Authority panel. The report echoes an assessment conducted this year by the Federal Railroad Administration, which investigated after a string of Metro-North accidents including a December 2013 derailment that killed four riders in the Bronx.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices