Job Title: QA Engineer
Start Date: Immediate
WHO WE ARE
Granicus is the leading provider of Software as a Service (SaaS) that helps promote government transparency, encourages citizen participation, and increases workflow efficiency. We are the market originator and award winning provider of an integrated platform that combines webcasting services with legislative workflow solutions, leveraging mobile devices and the social grid. This platform allows the public to dynamically interact with their local, State and National government and increases efficiencies for public entities.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Granicus Product Development is seeking an experienced QA Engineer with a proven track for delivering high quality testing on SaaS Applications. Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a desire to take ownership for quality of team products and deliverables. Candidate enjoys working in a structured and team-oriented environment, using the Agile/Scrum methodology. They will work in close collaboration with QA manager, Product Owners, and QA Engineers from all Scrum Teams.
* Creates test plans, case review, and leads testing efforts in an Agile Scrum Environment
* Works with QA Manager and Scrum team members to capture test automation framework requirements.
* Works with QA team members to port existing manual test cases and automate them.
* Architects, designs, maintain, and documents automation frameworks, scripts, continuous integration, and unit tests using test-driven development.
* Maintains the overall efficiency of regression testing for Scrum team
* Verifies that fixes for defects and new features work as expected and do not cause regressions in affected areas
* Uses various tools and technologies and scripting languages Test Complete, SQL, VBScript, and Selenium.
* Communicates well with QA Manager, Product Management, and PD Scrum Teams
* Ensures platform support, such as cross-browser compatibility and browser performance.
* Bachelor's degree in technical field or equivalent experience required.
* 5+ years QA testing experience required.
* 3+ years of automated testing experience required.
* Experience with technologies like SQL & VBScript required.
* Experience with automated testing systems, such as TestComplete or QTP desired.
* Exposure to multiple development platforms, experience in a Microsoft environment (SQL Server, IIS, .NET framework, VSS, MySQL) required.
* Experience in designing automated test suites to be robust, extensible and maintainable a plus.
* Exposure to multiple development platforms, such as Ruby, RSpec , and Selenium a plus.
* Experience leading Test-Driven development design and implementation a plus.
* Agile and Scrum experience a plus.
* Passion for collaborating with talented engineers to create innovative and new products in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Granicus provides award-winning cloud-based technologies for government transparency, legislative efficiency, and citizen engagement. Thousands of agencies use our government cloud platform and product suites to establish meaningful connections with their citizens while reducing operational costs across their organization. Granicus has been recognized the past four years for being one of the fastest growing company private companies in the U.S., San Francisco, and the Silicon Valley by Deloitte LLP, the San Francisco Business Times, and Inc. Magazine. For more information about Granicus visit: Granicus Site |Granicus Blog| Twitter | Facebook|Linkedin
Granicus is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. In order to ensure equal employment opportunity for every applicant, hiring decisions will be made without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or disability. Granicus is firmly committed to a policy and practice of non-discrimination of employment, and Granicus will fully comply with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes of employment.
Granicus, Inc. is an E-Verify registered company.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter (which references qualities in this advertisement) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.