Rash of Inkster shootings leaves 1 dead, 4 injured - New York News

Rash of Inkster shootings leaves 1 dead, 4 injured

Posted: Updated:
Inkster police released this photo from one of several crime scenes early Monday morning. Inkster police released this photo from one of several crime scenes early Monday morning.
INKSTER, Mich. (WJBK) -

Five shootings over a span of five hours in Inkster left one man dead and four others injured, police say.

One man killed in a car riddled with at least 10 bullet holes. Another person shot in the car, a female, was hit in the arm. That was at 12:40 a.m. Monday at Moore and Lee-high.  

A few hours earlier, around 7:15 p.m. Sunday, at Lee High and Meadowdale, police say two others were shot. They're expected to fully recover. Detective Anthony Delgreco says while they were investigating those shootings another man came to the hospital saying he was not at Beech and Northland.  

The man shot at Northland is the brother of the man who was killed earlier.  That's not the only connection between the victims.

"The female that was shot, she had been shot a couple months prior with another subject that was shot at the first scene," said Delgreco.

Officers say this type of crime in Inkster can be tied to cuts. They say their staff, once consisting of 68 officers, has been cut down to 25.  

"I'm not going to comment on our force strength out on the street," said City Manager Mark Stuhldreher.

Stuhldreher says crime is down in Inkster, but officers say so is the population and the cuts are simply too much for the department to handle.

"I want to let all the citizens in the community know, we are doing everything we can to ensure their public safety," said Stuhldreher.


Anyone with information is asked to Inkster police or Crimestoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Maryland casino to interview workers from closing Atlantic City casinos

    Md. casino eyes workers from closing Atlantic City casinos

    Friday, July 25 2014 4:32 PM EDT2014-07-25 20:32:23 GMT
    AP photoAP photo
    A Maryland casino is looking to hire some of the soon-to-be-jobless Atlantic City casino workers. Maryland Live! is holding job fairs next week at the Sheraton hotel across from the Atlantic City Convention Center. The Hanover, Maryland casino held a similar recruitment effort in January when The Atlantic Club shut down.
    A Maryland casino is looking to hire some of the soon-to-be-jobless Atlantic City casino workers. Maryland Live! is holding job fairs next week at the Sheraton hotel across from the Atlantic City Convention Center. The Hanover, Maryland casino held a similar recruitment effort in January when The Atlantic Club shut down.
  • Lyft to start New York City service after deal with officials

    Lyft to start New York City service

    Friday, July 25 2014 4:06 PM EDT2014-07-25 20:06:49 GMT
    The on-demand ride-sharing app Lyft says it is starting limited service in New York City after reaching agreement with state and city officials to resolve regulatory issues. New York's attorney general and Department of Financial Services say the company agreed to operate "in full compliance" with existing laws and regulations, and that it will start its city service Friday night with commercial drivers only.
    The on-demand ride-sharing app Lyft says it is starting limited service in New York City after reaching agreement with state and city officials to resolve regulatory issues. New York's attorney general and Department of Financial Services say the company agreed to operate "in full compliance" with existing laws and regulations, and that it will start its city service Friday night with commercial drivers only.

  • Another company to give family free cruise

    Family of 5-year-old with cancer upset with cruise line

    Family of 5-year-old with cancer upset with cruise line

    Friday, July 25 2014 3:44 PM EDT2014-07-25 19:44:05 GMT
    A Long Island family is upset that a cruise line won't accommodate them after their 5-year-old son had to have emergency surgery for cancer. Nicolas Colucci and the rest of his family was supposed to go on a cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway.
    A Long Island family is upset that a cruise line won't accommodate them after their 5-year-old son had to have emergency surgery for cancer. Nicolas Colucci and the rest of his family was supposed to go on a cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices