Function: Design, install, maintain, support and backup the College computer and network systems. Deliver the support needed to ensure the network systems, data and related resources are secure and continually accessible.
1. Troubleshoot network service issues. Respond to end user needs and routinely review server logs looking for issues. Identify likely failure points or bottlenecks.
2. Design IT solutions to meet business needs. Select and combine vendor products into a cohesive new network service.
3. Determine standards for network server and desktop PC configuration regarding management efficiency, helpdesk issue prevention and data security.
4. Develop and administer backup systems to recover data in the event of system failure, natural disaster, user error, etc. Make backups and replicate data across campuses.
5. Install software upgrades and patches on network servers, as necessary.
6. Maintain network security in accordance with established protocols.
7. Provide information about network and technology usage to assist end users. Identify practical business process changes that might mesh more efficiently with technology.
8. Install, administer, support and maintain multi-platforms network systems, email systems, multiple database systems, surveillance and door security systems, visual display systems, wireless network, and smart mobile devices.
9. Create and maintain network servers' documentations.
10. Maintain servers' OS updates and current patches.
11. Provide support to Application Developers and IT Technicians, as needed.
Other duties: 1. Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
Required Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Five years progressive experience in network administration.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Active Directory system installation and administration.
4. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft network and desktop operating systems.
5. Database and network applications installation and support, preferably in a college environment.
6. Strong oral and written communication skills.
Work schedule M-F 8-5pm
For more information and to apply please visit : https://jobs.elgin.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51479
Glazer-Kennedy Insider's Circle (GKIC) is looking for a dynamic Customer Service Representative to be part of our Membership Service Department.
The Talent Acquisition Coordinator supports the company's overall recruitment strategy by working closely with job candidates, corporate recruiters, external recruitment agencies, hiring managers and other human resource professionals to faciliate and support the recruitment and hiring process.
Performance Dental Care in Tinley Park is looking to hire a full-time Dental Assistant, with experience.
Laramar is a national multi-family real estate firm looking to hire a full time Leasing Consultant.