Horrifying video shows deadly Bagram Airfield crash - New York News

Horrifying video shows deadly Bagram Airfield crash (GRAPHIC)

Posted: Updated:
  • Horrifying video shows deadly Bagram Airfield crash (GRAPHIC)More>>

  • Mich. natives among 7 dead in Afghanistan cargo plane crash

    Mich. natives among 7 dead in Afghanistan cargo plane crash

    Wednesday, May 1 2013 6:55 AM EDT2013-05-01 10:55:32 GMT
    Seven National Airlines employees were killed when a civilian cargo plane crashed on takeoff at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan.  Among the victims is 34-year-old Michigan native Brad Hasler.
    Seven National Airlines employees were killed when a civilian cargo plane crashed on takeoff at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan.  Among the victims is 34-year-old Michigan native Brad Hasler.

(WJBK) -- Video posted to YouTube this afternoon claims to be footage of Monday's deadly plane crash at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan.

THE VIDEO IN THIS STORY MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME READERS.

Military sources in the Pentagon and in Afghanistan believe strongly that this video was taken by a service member driving security at Bagram Airfield.

The video taken from a dashboard camera manages to capture a 747 cargo plane that crashed shortly after takeoff on Monday.  All seven crew on board were killed.

These officials say they have no reason to believe this video is anything but authentic.

Six of the victims were from Michigan, including Brad Hasler, who graduated from Gabriel Richard High School in Riverview.

The plane was operated by National Airlines, which was based until recently at Michigan's Willow Run Airport before it moved to Florida in March.

The National Airlines president released a statement saying:

"This is a devastating loss for our family, and we'll work diligently with authorities to find the cause."

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the downing of the jet, but NATO indicates there had been no reports of insurgent activity in or around the base.

Click on the video at the top right for Alexis Wiley's report.  She talked to a former accident investigator, who walked her through the crucial signs captured in the video that could lead to answers.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Maryland casino to interview workers from closing Atlantic City casinos

    Md. casino eyes workers from closing Atlantic City casinos

    Friday, July 25 2014 4:32 PM EDT2014-07-25 20:32:23 GMT
    AP photoAP photo
    A Maryland casino is looking to hire some of the soon-to-be-jobless Atlantic City casino workers. Maryland Live! is holding job fairs next week at the Sheraton hotel across from the Atlantic City Convention Center. The Hanover, Maryland casino held a similar recruitment effort in January when The Atlantic Club shut down.
    A Maryland casino is looking to hire some of the soon-to-be-jobless Atlantic City casino workers. Maryland Live! is holding job fairs next week at the Sheraton hotel across from the Atlantic City Convention Center. The Hanover, Maryland casino held a similar recruitment effort in January when The Atlantic Club shut down.
  • Lyft to start New York City service after deal with officials

    Lyft to start New York City service

    Friday, July 25 2014 4:06 PM EDT2014-07-25 20:06:49 GMT
    The on-demand ride-sharing app Lyft says it is starting limited service in New York City after reaching agreement with state and city officials to resolve regulatory issues. New York's attorney general and Department of Financial Services say the company agreed to operate "in full compliance" with existing laws and regulations, and that it will start its city service Friday night with commercial drivers only.
    The on-demand ride-sharing app Lyft says it is starting limited service in New York City after reaching agreement with state and city officials to resolve regulatory issues. New York's attorney general and Department of Financial Services say the company agreed to operate "in full compliance" with existing laws and regulations, and that it will start its city service Friday night with commercial drivers only.

  • Another company to give family free cruise

    Family of 5-year-old with cancer upset with cruise line

    Family of 5-year-old with cancer upset with cruise line

    Friday, July 25 2014 3:44 PM EDT2014-07-25 19:44:05 GMT
    A Long Island family is upset that a cruise line won't accommodate them after their 5-year-old son had to have emergency surgery for cancer. Nicolas Colucci and the rest of his family was supposed to go on a cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway.
    A Long Island family is upset that a cruise line won't accommodate them after their 5-year-old son had to have emergency surgery for cancer. Nicolas Colucci and the rest of his family was supposed to go on a cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices