Benghazi Attack: State Dept. could release new information - New York News

Benghazi Consulate Attack: State Dept. could release new information

Posted: Updated:
WASHINGTON -

Federal whistle blowers may be on the verge of coming forward now in the investigation into the deadly Benghazi consulate attack last year.

Could the administration have done more to prevent the attack or at least respond to it more effectively?  There are some explosive allegations now as the Congressional investigation continues.

Nearly eight months after the attack on U.S. installations in Benghazi and the deaths of four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens -- now a special operator with specific knowledge of the attack, whose identity has been concealed, tells FOX News that more could have been done.

"We had the ability to load out, get on birds and fly there, at a minimum stage, in my opinion, in a matter of about four-about four hours, four to six hours.  From their European theater."

FOX News has also learned that three employees at the State Department and another at the CIA are preparing to come forward with information about the attack -- despite what one attorney for an employee says have been clear threats made by the administration.

"It's frightening and they're doing some very despicable threats to people. Not 'we're going to kill you' or not 'we're going to prosecute you' tomorrow, but they're taking career people and making them well aware that their careers will be over," said Victoria Toensing.

What would the employees possibly know about the attack?

In part, the timeline leading up to it and the decisions by the State Department, then led by Hillary Clinton, to turn down requests for more security.

Current Secretary of State John Kerry has offered to cooperate with Congress, but his department has also made it clear that they see a political motivation behind the push for more information.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • New Jersey detective acquitted in Maryland highway shooting

    NJ detective acquitted in Md. highway shooting

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 2:16 PM EDT2014-07-30 18:16:51 GMT
    A jury has found a New Jersey detective not guilty in the slaying of a driver during an alleged road-rage incident. Joseph Walker, 41, an investigator for the Hudson County, New Jersey, prosecutor's office, was found not guilty on all counts on Wednesday in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court. He had been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Joseph Harvey, 36, of Landsdowne.
    A jury has found a New Jersey detective not guilty in the slaying of a driver during an alleged road-rage incident. Joseph Walker, 41, an investigator for the Hudson County, New Jersey, prosecutor's office, was found not guilty on all counts on Wednesday in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court. He had been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Joseph Harvey, 36, of Landsdowne.
  • Amazon ships first order from New Jersey

    Amazon ships first order from New Jersey

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 1:31 PM EDT2014-07-30 17:31:08 GMT
    The world's biggest online retailer has shipped its first order from its new distribution center in New Jersey. The Interplak All-In-One Sonic Water Jet was sent from Robbinsville to an Amazon customer in New York. Amazon says it expects to employ more than 1,000 full-time employees at the 1 million-square-foot center just outside of Trenton.
    The world's biggest online retailer has shipped its first order from its new distribution center in New Jersey. The Interplak All-In-One Sonic Water Jet was sent from Robbinsville to an Amazon customer in New York. Amazon says it expects to employ more than 1,000 full-time employees at the 1 million-square-foot center just outside of Trenton.

  • Injured detective in Village shootout leaves hospital

    Injured detective in Village shootout leaves hospital

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 1:28 PM EDT2014-07-30 17:28:00 GMT
    The third law enforcement officer injured in a Manhattan shootout is out of the hospital. The NYPD says Detective Mario Muniz was left Bellevue Hospital shortly after noon on Wednesday. Hundreds of his fellow police officers cheered as Muniz left the hospital in a wheelchair pushed by his NYPD patrol partner, Joseph Trovato.

    The third law enforcement officer injured in a Manhattan shootout is out of the hospital. The NYPD says Detective Mario Muniz was left Bellevue Hospital shortly after noon on Wednesday. Hundreds of his fellow police officers cheered as Muniz left the hospital in a wheelchair pushed by his NYPD patrol partner, Joseph Trovato. Police Commissioner William Bratton has said the detective's protective vest may have saved his life.


Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices