Winnetka Public School Nursery is a not-for-profit private preschool located in Winnetka, Illinois. We educate children 2 to 5 years of age utilizing the Reggio Emilia philosophy of education.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Plan, supervise, and implement a program for each class in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the school.
• Provide for supervision of children that meets or exceeds NAEYC standards
• Plan the program to address the needs of each child, considering their individual
interests, goals, and learning styles.
• Consider each child in relationship to his/her cultural and socioeconomic background.
• Treat each parent and child with dignity and respect.
• Be present at school from 8:30 to 11:30 am for each morning session and/or 12:30-4:00 pm for each afternoon session, and/or until every child has left, whichever is later.
• Be responsible for the arrangement, appearance, and learning environment of the classroom.
• Share responsibility for the set-up and clean-up of the playground, studio, and common areas.
• Be physically capable of ensuring the safety of the children, attending to each child's physical and emotional needs, and setting up and storing equipment.
• Assume an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities.
• Attend daily and weekly room-set up times with other teachers.
• Attend all staff meetings, 12:00-3:00 pm each Friday. Devote at least an additional hour per month to planning.
• Conduct parent-teacher conferences during school hours and evening hours.
Conferences are scheduled twice a year for each class taught.
• Plan and implement methods to establish a positive relationship and ongoing communication with parents, including but not limited to: orientation meetings, home visits, separation process, conferences, newsletters, phone calls and other informal communication, and parent participation in the classroom.
• Support all WPSN collaborations (e.g. with Skokie School, Washburne Junior High School, Northwestern University Settlement House).
• Supervise any teacher assistants, student teachers, parents, or visitors in the classroom. Be responsible to guide, advise, and direct them as needed.
• Plan to attend and give a brief presentation on a classroom activity, experience, or project at one evening Board meeting per year.
• Inform Director of any pertinent information regarding children or parents, including potential referrals to consultants or for evaluations of any kind.
• Keep records of home visits, separation process, communication with parents, conferences, and classroom observations.
• Abide by the discipline policy of the school as stated in the Parent Handbook.
• Abide by all personnel policies of the school.
• Be knowledgeable about the security system and abide by all procedures/behaviors required to make the system operate effectively.
• Meet individually with the director at the beginning of the year to set goals and again in the spring to evaluate performance and growth both as a teacher and as a contributing member of the staff.
• Inform Director and co-teacher well in advance of planned absences and, whenever possible, find a substitute for personal days taken.
• Have no other employment or responsibility that interferes with teaching at WPSN.
• Be trained and certified in First Aid and CPR.
• Be able to administer diabetes and similar tests to students, if necessary.
• Be able to administer allergic reaction medication to students, if necessary.
To apply, respond to this ad: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/edu/3766286191.html
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer that also operates competitively excellent restaurants and specialty coffee bars in our stores. We are looking for talented restaurant cashiers to contribute top tier performances in the food and beverage arena.
Glazer-Kennedy Insider's Circle (GKIC) is looking for a dynamic Customer Service Representative to be part of our Membership Service Department.
The Talent Acquisition Coordinator supports the company's overall recruitment strategy by working closely with job candidates, corporate recruiters, external recruitment agencies, hiring managers and other human resource professionals to faciliate and support the recruitment and hiring process.
Performance Dental Care in Tinley Park is looking to hire a full-time Dental Assistant, with experience.