A change in the weather calls for a change in the cuisine at many restaurants.
Moderne Barn in Armonk, New York serves up day boat scallops with mushrooms, baby artichokes, spinach and Madeira cream sauce.
Chef Ethan Kostbar got things cooking in the Good Day Cafe on Wednesday.
For More information go to: www.modernebarn.com
DAY BOAT SCALLOPS RECIPE
6 scallops u-10
1 bag spinach, cleaned
1 can baby artichokes
3 oz morel mushrooms, dried
1 garlic clove
Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
Salt, to taste
White pepper, to taste
1. In a sauté pan, sear scallops over medium heat until cooked.
2. Remove scallops then add baby artichokes, morel mushrooms, and spinach.
3. Season vegetables with salt and white pepper.
4. Place on plate, put scallops on top of vegetables and Madeira Cream Sauce (recipe below)
MADEIRA CREAM SAUCE
1 pint heavy cream
1 cup Madeira
1 bay leaf
1 shallot, peeled, sliced
5 black peppercorns, whole
1. In a small pot over medium heat, sweat shallots until they are translucent.
2. Add Madeira to the pot, and reduce by half, stirring constantly.
3. Add heavy cream, bay leaf, and black peppercorns, and simmer over low heat until the liquid is reduced by two thirds.
4. Strain liquid through a strainer and season with salt.
Fashion designer Nicky Hilton has been immersed in the industry since childhood when she began creating jewelry and accessories. The New Yorker and recently engaged socialite is sharing her strategy to building a wardrobe in the new book, '365 Style.' Hilton follows the 365 method which she invented.
Joan Rivers is being remembered as a comedic legend and trailblazer. The New York native died on Thursday at the age of 81. Rivers was undergoing an outpatient throat procedure at a clinic on the Upper East Side on August 28 when she went into cardiac arrest and was rushed to Mount Sinai Hospital. She had been moved from the ICU to a private room on Wednesday.