Triplets sign up to serve with Arizona National Guard - New York News

Triplets sign up to serve with Arizona National Guard

Posted: Updated:
TUCSON, Ariz. -

A family down in Tucson had the special honor of having their three children sign up to serve our country.

But, what makes their story even more unique is that these three siblings are triplets.

Meet the Arizona National Guard's newest recruits: Christopher, Andrew and Adrianna Aubuchon. They shook hands with Colonel Mick McGuire to make it official.

"I thought we were going to go our separate ways and do our own thing. This wasn't even really a thought in any of our heads at all," said Christopher Aubuchon.

But thanks to the support from their family, all three decided it was the right decision.

""Our dad and his friend, Alfredo, kinda introduced us to the idea about the military. You get the discipline, you get the experience and we kind of decided to go into it together," said Christopher Aubuchon.

Having three siblings enlist is nothing new for the guard, but this was a set of triplets who all enlisted on the same day.

"I've never seen triplets enlist on the same day," said McGuire.

Colonel McGuire couldn't be more thrilled.

In fact, he was flown in especially for the event.

"Their attitude about service and the idea of their duty to serve is something that's very admirable and reflects greatly on their family, on the Tucson community and Empire High School," said McGuire.

A fact not lost on their family.

Both mom and dad say they're extremely proud to have all three of their children serving our country and they're especially grateful because all three are doing it together.

"They have never ever been troublemakers so I think this is a great fit for them. I'm very proud," said the triplets' mother.

Christopher, Andrew and Adrianna won't be sent off to basic training until after they graduate in May.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Accused Long Island cop killer found guilty

    Accused Long Island cop killer found guilty

    Monday, July 28 2014 12:45 PM EDT2014-07-28 16:45:20 GMT
    An ex-convict suspected of gunning down a Nassau County police officer and then fatally shooting a carjacking victim was found guilty on all counts in the murders on Monday. Darrell Fuller, 33, shot and killed Police Officer Arthur Lopez in October 2012 who suspected he had been involved in a hit-and-run car accident. Authorities said Fuller then fled that shooting and killed the second victim, Raymond Facey of Queens, while stealing his vehicle.
    An ex-convict suspected of gunning down a Nassau County police officer and then fatally shooting a carjacking victim was found guilty on all counts in the murders on Monday. Darrell Fuller, 34, shot and killed Police Officer Arthur Lopez in October 2012 who suspected he had been involved in a hit-and-run car accident. Authorities said Fuller then fled that shooting and killed the second victim, Raymond Facey of Queens, while stealing his vehicle.
  • 3 Nassau beaches closed due to heavy rainfall

    3 Nassau beaches closed due to heavy rainfall

    Monday, July 28 2014 11:27 AM EDT2014-07-28 15:27:54 GMT
    Three Nassau County beaches have been closed to bathing due to heavy rainfall. County health officials say storm water runoff can elevate bacterial levels and affect bathing water quality. The three South Shore beaches that were closed Monday are: Hewlett Point Beach; Island Park Beach; and Merrick Estates Civic Association. In addition, Biltmore and Philip Healey beaches in Massapequa remain closed to bathing due to elevated levels of bacteria.
    Three Nassau County beaches have been closed to bathing due to heavy rainfall. County health officials say storm water runoff can elevate bacterial levels and affect bathing water quality. The three South Shore beaches that were closed Monday are: Hewlett Point Beach; Island Park Beach; and Merrick Estates Civic Association. In addition, Biltmore and Philip Healey beaches in Massapequa remain closed to bathing due to elevated levels of bacteria.
  • 3 NJ mayors to announce anti-crime plan

    3 NJ mayors to announce anti-crime plan

    Monday, July 28 2014 9:03 AM EDT2014-07-28 13:03:29 GMT
    The mayors of three of New Jersey's largest cities are announcing a joint initiative to combat violent crime. Newark Mayor Ras Baraka, Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop and Paterson Mayor Jose Torres have scheduled a news conference in Jersey City for Monday afternoon to announce the plan. The news conference is being held in one of Jersey City's most crime-plagued neighborhoods.
    The mayors of three of New Jersey's largest cities are announcing a joint initiative to combat violent crime. Newark Mayor Ras Baraka, Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop and Paterson Mayor Jose Torres have scheduled a news conference in Jersey City for Monday afternoon to announce the plan. The news conference is being held in one of Jersey City's most crime-plagued neighborhoods.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices