Man found burned next to transformer in Glendale - New York News

Man found burned next to transformer in Glendale

Posted: Updated:

GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) - Authorities say a man found next to a transformer at a vacant Glendale business with burns over his entire body has died.

Glendale police say the 57-year-old man died Thursday at a hospital.

They say the man was found Thursday in a commercial yard near 51st Avenue and Bethany Home Road.

Police believe he may have been trying to steal copper wiring from the transformer and was electrocuted.

His name hasn't been released.

Police say the man isn't an employee of a power company and he was inside a fenced property in which there currently isn't a business occupant.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Dad accidentally delivers baby into toilet

    Dad accidentally delivers baby into toilet

    A Connecticut baby has arrived with a splash, right into a toilet bowl. The baby's father, David Davis, tells WVIT-TV that he was forced to deliver the newborn in the bathroom of his West Haven home Friday morning after his wife, Lillie, went into labor. He says the baby slipped through his hands during the delivery, but luckily went into the water. He says she began crying and it was the best sound he'd ever heard.
    A Connecticut baby has arrived with a splash, right into a toilet bowl. The baby's father, David Davis, tells WVIT-TV that he was forced to deliver the newborn in the bathroom of his West Haven home Friday morning after his wife, Lillie, went into labor. He says the baby slipped through his hands during the delivery, but luckily went into the water. He says she began crying and it was the best sound he'd ever heard.
  • Mosquito-borne virus sickens 20 in NJ

    West Nile found in New Jersey mosquitoes

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 11:16 AM EDT2014-07-30 15:16:32 GMT
    Twenty New Jersey residents have tested positive for a mosquito-borne virus that has spread through the Caribbean. The state Health Department says the residents who came down with chikungunya had returned to New Jersey from the Caribbean. Chikungunya causes a high fever and severe pain in the joints. It is rarely fatal.
    Twenty New Jersey residents have tested positive for a mosquito-borne virus that has spread through the Caribbean. The state Health Department says the residents who came down with chikungunya had returned to New Jersey from the Caribbean. Chikungunya causes a high fever and severe pain in the joints. It is rarely fatal.
  • 5 annoying things about New York subway

    5 annoying things about New York subway

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 10:59 AM EDT2014-07-30 14:59:49 GMT
    Subway problems are annoying, but it’s just a part of living in New York City. Public transportation isn’t glamorous. It’s a pain. It’s a convenience that can cause an inconvenience. Here is a list of five annoying things about subways in New York City.
    Subway problems are annoying, but it’s just a part of living in New York City. Public transportation isn’t glamorous. It’s a pain. It’s a convenience that can cause an inconvenience. Here is a list of five annoying things about subways in New York City.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices