7 hospitalized after Logan Square CO leak - New York News

7 hospitalized after Logan Square CO leak

Posted: Updated:
CHICAGO (Sun-Times Media Wire) -

A blocked furnace may be to blame for a carbon monoxide leak in a Northwest Side Logan Square home that sent seven people to area hospitals Tuesday night.

Emergency crews called five ambulances to the home in the 2600 block of North Springfield Avenue about 7:50 p.m. and found high levels of carbon monoxide in the home, authorities said.

Crews found 300 parts per million of the gas in the home, which can be fatal over a short period of time at that level, Fire Media Affairs spokesman Larry Langford said.

Seven people were taken to Norwegian-American Hospital and Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center, all in good condition, according to fire officials.

A furnace in the residence had a blockage and was leaking the gas, Langford said.

People's Gas crews have shut off the furnace, and emergency crews ventilated the home, Langford said.

A spokesman for the utility was not immediately available Tuesday evening.

Follow Us!

Share Your Photos & Video

Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices