Southwest Detroit woman says her home was robbed 2 days in a row - New York News

Southwest Detroit woman says her home was robbed 2 days in a row

Ashley Ball told us her home in southwest Detroit was robbed on two days in a row.  (Credit: Fox 2 News) Ashley Ball told us her home in southwest Detroit was robbed on two days in a row. (Credit: Fox 2 News)
DETROIT (WJBK) -

When 28-year-old Ashley Ball returned to her southwest Detroit home on Tuesday, she said her "door had been pried open with a crowbar."

"They ransacked my house, stole... electronics, jewelry, keepsakes," she explained.  "The Detroit Police came, and they had a team come out and dust the next day."

She thought the worst was over, but she was wrong.  When she was driving down her alley on Wednesday, she said she "crept up the alley" with her headlights turned off.

Why?  Something didn't seem right, and her suspicion was spot on.  She couldn't believe it.  She had been ripped off again, two days in a row, but this time she saw the suspects.

"I called 911.  I said I had the cars, I had the guys, described them, gave them the license plate," Ball said.

The suspects took off, and she peeled out after them.

"Chased through Dearborn, Dearborn Heights.  911 told me to quit chasing them because I was putting myself in danger," Ball explained.  "I was on the phone with 911.  I was screaming I caught him, and he's here.  Are you guys coming?"

"I saw them.  I was this close to them.  I can't do anything about it.  Nobody's there to help me," she added.  "I'm thinking you're just going to let them get away."

"They had their crowbar.  The guy had a gun.  It's scary," Ball said.  "I was extremely afraid."

Ball wants a visit or a call back from police, and she is hoping that happens soon.

Detroit Police said they are looking into this, but the officer in charge of the case won't be back to work until Sunday.

Cops: 73-year-old man shoots neighbor in dispute

Monday, April 21 2014 7:37 AM EDT2014-04-21 11:37:28 GMT
    A 73-year-old Connecticut man will be appearing before a state judge after being charged with shooting his neighbor three times during an argument on Easter morning.

Brand names in NY standardized tests vex parents

Monday, April 21 2014 6:43 AM EDT2014-04-21 10:43:41 GMT
    "Just Do It" has been a familiar Nike slogan for years, but now parents are wondering what it was doing on some of New York's Common Core standardized English tests.

Skydiver dies after crashing into NJ backyard

Monday, April 21 2014 6:10 AM EDT2014-04-21 10:10:41 GMT
    New Jersey NewsNew Jersey News
    A 49-year-old sky diver from Brooklyn died after crashing into the backyard of a home in New Jersey. According to officials, Arkady Shenker wore a specialized parachute during the jump. Shenker was known to be an experienced skydiver who had more than 300 jumps under his belt.

Clutch Cargo's returns to religious roots

Monday, April 21 2014 7:54 AM EDT2014-04-21 11:54:45 GMT
    Clutch Cargo's, a southeastern Michigan church building that spent several years as a nightclub, reopened as a house of worship on Easter Sunday.

Kraft Foods recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer Classic Wieners

Monday, April 21 2014 7:51 AM EDT2014-04-21 11:51:36 GMT
    Kraft Foods is recalling approximately 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer Classic Wieners because the products may contain Classic Cheese Dogs in the Classic Wieners' packages.

Van Dyke improvement project underway in Warren, Centerline

Monday, April 21 2014 7:42 AM EDT2014-04-21 11:42:43 GMT
    A massive construction project is underway in Macomb County. If you travel on Van Dyke, you know how rough it is. Now, jackhammers are out there tearing up a two-and-a half mile stretch from 11 Mile to Chicago Rd.