Justin Bieber Collapses At London Concert - New York News

Justin Bieber Collapses At London Concert

Posted: Updated:
Credit: JustinBieberMusic.com Credit: JustinBieberMusic.com

London -- Pop sensation Justin Bieber was taken to a hospital in London after collapsing during a concert there.

A spokeswoman for Bieber told The Associated Press late Thursday that the 19-year-old pop star was given oxygen and took a 20-minute reprieve after fainting backstage at London's O2 Arena.

In a video of the concert posted online, Bieber's manager appeared on stage Thursday and told the crowd that the singer was feeling "very low of breath" but would return to finish the show.

Bieber later tweeted, "getting better. thanks for everyone pulling me thru tonight. best fans in the world. figuring out what happened. thanks for the love."

WATCH THE VIDEO HERE

The "Baby" singer is in London to perform four concerts at the O2 arena. He was widely criticized for arriving late to his first show Monday.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Saturday, April 19 2014 2:55 PM EDT2014-04-19 18:55:51 GMT
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices